We sell the full range of Catalina Cylinders aluminium scuba diving cylinders. Catalina Cylinders is the leading manufacturer of high and low pressure aluminium scuba diving gas cylinders.
Which Size Aluminium Scuba Cylinder Is Right For You?
The right choice of aluminium scuba tank is mostly dependent on what you're using it for.
- Catalina S80 (11.1 litre, 80 cubic foot), 207 bar — The S80 is the benchmark 'Standard Aluminium 80' cylinder used by the majority of recreational sport divers worldwide. A pair of these S80 size cylinders is the most popular sidemount choice. They are also used as stage cylinders by technical divers doing very long run times.
- Catalina S40 (5.7 litre, 40 cubic foot), 207 bar — The S40 is a popular for stage cylinders by technical divers, and as bailout cylinders for rebreather divers.
- Catalina S19 (2.7 litre, 19 cubic foot), 207 bar — The S19 makes an excellent choice as an emergency air source tank (pony bottle) for recreational sport divers, and as bailout cylinders for rebreather divers. It has also become popular as an oxygen deco tank as its capacity is plenty for all but the most extreme dives.
Low and High Pressure Aluminium Scuba Diving Cylinders
Aluminium scuba cylinders, unlike steel cylinders, don't rust, they oxidise. The oxidisation of aluminium forms a protective coat that hinders the continuation of corrosion making aluminium cylinders less likely to be condemned due to excessive corrosion.
Catalina Cylinders are high grade aluminium constructed especially to meet Australian safety standards.
- Negatively buoyant when empty
- Rugged enough for rental gear or sport diving
- Available in two different pressure ratings: 228 bar and 207 bar
- Available with or without DIN / K convertible valve
Regulation and Inspection: All Catalina seamless aluminium alloy compressed gas cylinders are manufactured in accordance with US Department Of Transport (DOT) 3AL and Transport of Canada (TC) 3ALM requirements. Every cylinder is inspected and tested by a DOT and TC authorised independent inspection agency. All Catalina cylinders supplied in Australia are stamped with the Australian Standards Authority Number.
Material: Every cylinder is produced from high strength aluminium alloy 6061-T6
Neck Thread: 3/4 inch – 14 NPSM
All cylinders from The Scuba Doctor dive shop are visually inspected and shipped with a current hydrostatic date (except where indicated).