The Mares XR Kevlar Drysuit with Si-Tech Seals is a lightweight yet strong front entry trilaminate drysuit that utilises flexible materials and enhanced with Kevlar for a durable finish in high wear areas. This drysuit fits into the extended range of the Mares product line and covers divers that are just venturing into the technical side of diving all the way to advanced levels.
The Mares XR Kevlar Drysuit has been designed to the highest possible standards and is aimed at the most demanding of technical divers. This dry suit is able to cope with the extreme demands of even the most adventurous technical diver, as the suit is able to stand up to caves, extreme depths and the most challenging of wreck diving situations.
This exceptionally strong and durable drysuit has enough versatility that the diver is able to perform frog kicks and drills with no impedance to movement.
The Mares XR Kevlar drysuit is made from a lightweight, breathable material that helps to keep the suit weight down to a minimum. The inner lining is made from a new super-light beathable trilaminate which makes it far more comfortable to wear, and reduces the "plastic bag" feeling which is common with many other drysuits on the market. Added Kevlar Protection Layers can be found across the shoulders, down the arms and over the knees, plus in the shin and seat, which are the areas where abrasion damage wear and tear risks are higher.
A new dedicated purge and inflation design has been included as part of the enhanced design. An adjustable drawstring waist and crotch strap as well as a set adjustable pre-moulded elastic suspenders ensure that the suit is held in firmly but comfortablely in place and prevents movement and riding during the dive.
Your feet are accommodated via a set of Embedded 4 mm Neoprene Boots with a rigid sole, and the seal to this area is reinforced with a solid instep and adjustable Velcro strap.
It's fitted with an easy access YKK Aquaseal Dry Zip for self donning and doffing which is protected by an offset outer heavy duty plastic zip. The use of a plastic zip significantly improves the flexibility of the suit over a brass zip equivalent, making drills and general movement much easier.
The drysuit is fitted with a warm neoprene neck collar that overlaps with the hood to prevent cold water flushing over the seal, a new inflator and deflator design, a telescopic torso with adjustable crotch strap and drawstring waist, two compartmentalised and expandable thigh pockets, 4mm thick neoprene boots with adjustable strap, and internal adjustable braces.
The Thigh Pockets are self draining and feature internal compartments that allow the diver to organise a number of accessories and anchor them to the internal high strength bungee loops. Closure is high high strength zips and velcro tabs that feature large diameter pipe that allows for better grip in thick gloves.
The suit features Silicone Conic Grey Si-Tech Neck and Wrist Seals. They are able to be replaced by the user, eliminating the need for the suit to be sent away for servicing.
The Mares XR Tri-Laminate Kevlar Drysuit comes complete in a special Carpet Bag so you are able to transport the dry suit conveniently and safely between diving locations.
Mares XR Kevlar Drysuit with Si-Tech Seals Features
- New exclusive dedicated purge and inflation valve
- New super light (<2.8 kg) breathable trilaminate
- Kevlar type protection on shoulders, behind knees and shins
- Enhanced design for maximum flexibility
- Two YKK front shifted plastic zippers: 1 heavy duty plastic zip and a new YKK 'Aquaseal Dry' zip
- Adjustable drawstring waist and crotch strap
- Adjustable pre-mounted elastic large and comfortable suspenders
- Embedded boots in 4 mm neoprene with a rigid sole
- Reinforced boot instep and adjustable Velcro strap for perfect closure
- 2 self-draining, four-compartment pockets, closed with a high-strength zip and equipped with multiple bungees inside
- Piping around the pocket flap for better grip
- Dry seal around neck and complete neck coverage from the hood to avoid water exposure
- Special carpet bag
- Silicone conic grey Si-Tec quick connect wrist and neck seals, SLT dry seal on both the wrists and the neck (can be replaced immediately by the user)
- Suit can be fitted with the Si-Tech Antares Dry Glvoe system
Mares XR Kevlar Drysuit Size Chart
|Suit length (1)
|Longest length (cm)
|Longest width toe (cm)
|Longest width heel (cm)
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the Australian supplier, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.