The Kraken Hydra 5000S+ WSRU Underwater 5000 lumen video light and 7000 lumen Strobe light has a flood, spot, red, and UV beams. New is the ability of the light to burst quickly to 4500 lumens when triggered by a fiber optic sync cord (not included) from your camera flash, working much like an external strobe.
The Kraken Hydra 5000S+ WSRU video light is an awesome combination of power, convenience, and quality. Kraken being one of the top brands on the market synonymous with great performing, high-quality underwater lighting options introduces to us a light that can serve multiple functions. Capable of a wide flood - Spot - Red - UV and a fiber optic triggered strobe, this is a great solution for any type of video or photography. Great on its own but pair it up with another for an all-in-one light/strobe combo good for any situation.
The Kraken Hydra 5000+S lumen light has 2 buttons for ease of use, a water resistant light head for flood protection, as well as spot, flood and red beams. It features a COB LED for the best, and most uniform, flood beams for your photography and video needs.
It also is remote control ready — all you have to do is purchase the Kraken remote and you can control up to two lights without having to remove your hand from your tray!
This Kraken Hydra 5000+S Video Light also comes with the added feature of having a Spot and UV light along with the Wide and Red light. So it can be used as a regular dive light, or as a focus or video light as well. Divers who want to shoot fluorescent photography will have a strong light source.
The two button layout mean that you use one button to select the mode, and the other to select the output level. No hard-to-remember sequences on a single button.
Kracken has also made the light head water resistant. If you have an accident and flood the light, the head will remain OK. You'll probably have to replace the battery but that is much less expensive than replacing the light. This gives you the benefit of being able to easily switch batteries between dives, but also not having to worry about a flood!
The light utilises multi-cell battery packs, with quality, fast chargers. Recharge time is about 3 hours from a completely drained state. Extra battery packs are available.
The Kraken Hydra lights come in a complete set that includes Ball and YS style mounts, spare O-rings, battery, charger and a padded carrying case.
Does not come with sync cords for remote or flash! Lights use standard S&S plug style cords.
Kraken Hydra 5000S+ WSRU Underwater Video Light Features
- 5000 lumen, 110 degree flood light
- Flood, Spot, Red, UV and Strobe. Everything you need, in just one compact light.
- 7000 lumen burst feature — triggered via fiber optic cable!
- Two push buttons allows easy switching between the various modes. LED indicators around the buttons show battery life.
- The light head is water resistant! So even in the rare case of a flood, your main investment is fully protected.
- COB led provides the best, and most uniform flood beams for your photography and video needs.
Kraken Hydra 5000S+ WSRU Underwater Video Light Specifications
- Lumen Output: 5000 Flood, 800 Spot, 7000 Strobe
- Beam Types: Flood / Spot / Red / UV
- Beam Angle: 110 degrees Flood, 15 degrees Spot
- Burst Capability: Yes
- Modes: Flood 100%/75%/50%/25%, Spot 100%/50%/25%
- Burn Time (full-flood): 60 minutes
- Controls: Dual push button with battery level meter
- Depth Rating: 100 m (330 ft)
- Dimensions: 52.5 x 130 mm (2.1 x 5.1 in)
- Weight: 560 g (19.75 oz)
- Buoyancy: -250 g (-10 oz)
- Battery Type: Li-ion Battery Pack
- Mount: YS and Ball Mounts
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer upon request and typically shipped directly from them to you the same day thus resulting in no delay in delivery. However, if they are out of stock this item becomes a special international order, typically resulting in a 4 week delay.