The Aqua Lung Axiom is a durable, full-featured BCD that boasts amazing comfort and fit. This ADV style, wrap-around jacket has a super streamlined air cell and gets its noticeable comfort and support from Aqua Lung's proprietary Wrapture harness system (pat. pend.). The Wrapture allows you to stand up straight in total comfort while the cylinder remains perfectly vertical and pulled in close. This comfort, along with the innovative GripLock tank band and the SureLock integrated weight system will make the Axiom the new standard for recreational divers. The Axiom comes in seven sizes and a two-color black / charcoal colour combination.
Wrapture Harness System (pat. pend.) Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from riding-up on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and click. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle. The Sure-Lock II Mechanical Weight Release System with 9 to 13.5 kg (20 to 30 lb) Capacity (sizes dependent). The Axiom also has fixed non-releasable weight pockets attached to the cylinder band with capacities of 4.5 kg (10 lb).
The GripLock Tank Band is a strong, secure way to attach the cylinder to the BC. Gone are the days of complicated web weaving through multi-slot buckles. Predetermined detente settings make set-up simple. No adjustments are necessary when switching cylinders of the same diameter. Best of all, you don't have to worry about pinching your fingers with GripLock's innovative finger saver feature (pat. pend.).
A bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag. An adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered on a rail system. This not only ensures a good fit but also keeps strap from running across top of a dry suit valve.
A scooped octo-pocket on the top, front of the right lobe makes it easy to stow and deploy an octopus. The octopus remains visible and accessible throughout the dive. Some divers may find it useful to run their instruments behind the left pocket and out the scooped opening on the top, front of the lobe.
Pocket within a pocket. A small security pocket is found on the flap of a larger drop-down pocket. Knife attachment points are found on the left lobe which will accommodate many of the Aqua Lung knives. This location provides easy access to the knife. BC features 5 stainless steel D-rings and 2 plastic D-rings for all your accessories.
The Aqua Lung Axiom comes equipped with Aqua Lungs Power Line Inflator with an increased fill rate which is now, one of the highest air flows in the industry. The Power Line is an environmentally sealed unit for less maintenance, has integrated hose clips for attachment to the LP hose for a streamline and low profile. The inflator is equipped with a cable activated rapid exhaust at the top, simply pull down on lower unit to dump air. Right shoulder pull dump provides an additional dumping option.
Rolled neck collar for comfort. Axiom provides from 12.25 to 21.78 kg (27 to 48 lb) of lift. BCD comes with an owner's manual.
Aqua Lung Axiom BCD Features
- Most Comfortable and Easy-to-Use BC Yet!
- Feature-Rich, Jacket Style Wrap-Around Jacket
- Integrated Wrapture Harness System (Pat. Pending):
- Allows Diver to Stand-Up Straight in Total Comfort
- Cylinder Remains Perfectly Vertical and Pulled-in-Close
- Harness System, Utilises Specialised Back-Plate
- Valve Retention Strap and Swivel Shoulder Buckles
- Unsurpassed Comfort
- Hugs-the-Contours of the Body
- Superior Comfort and Stability
- Supports the Scuba Cylinder
- Prevents Ride-Up at the Surface
- Grip-Lock Tank Band System:
- Makes Attachment to Cylinder Easy
- Innovative Finger Saver Feature
- Sure-Lock II Mechanical Weight Release System:
- Easy to Load: Weight Pockets Align Themselves
- Just Insert-the-Pocket Until-It Clicks
- Simple, Single-Pull Release
- Releasable Weight: 9 to 13.5 kg (20 to 30 lb) Capacity
- Non-Releasable Weight: 4.54 kg (10 lb)
- Super Streamlined Air Cell Design
- Air Cell: 500D Amor Cordura with Armor X Color Panels and 1050D Ballistic Nylon
- Bladder Retraction System: Pull-in-the-Sides of the Bladder During Deflation
- Adjustable Torso Shoulder Straps
- Cross Chest Sternum Strap with Squeeze-Style Quick-Release Buckle
- Aqua Lungs Power Line Inflator:
- Increased Fill Rate
- One of the Highest Air Flows in the Industry
- Environmentally Sealed Unit, Less Maintenance
- Integrated-Hose Clips for Attachment of LP Hose
- Streamline and Low Profile
- Cable Activated Rapid Exhaust, Simply Pull-Down on Lower Unit to Dump Air
- Flat E-Valves:
- Streamlined-and-Effective Overpressure Relief/Dump Valve
- One-Way Design, Keeps Water Out
- Large, Easy-to-Access, Zippered Utility Pockets
- 5 Stainless Steel D-Rings and 1 Plastic D-Ring for Accessory Attachment
- Knife Attachment Points Left Lobe
- Scooped-Opening on Top, Front of Lobe for Instrument Console
- Scooped Octopus-Pocket: Easy-to-Stow and Deploy an Octopus Regulator
- Lift: 12.25 to 21.78 kg (27 to 48 lb)
- 3/8-inch Threaded QD Hose
- Owner's Manual
Aqua Lung Axiom BCD Size Chart - Metric
|Extra Extra Large
Over The Shoulder (OTS) measurement is taken by placing the measuring tape across either the right or left shoulder and reading the distance between the top of the waist line on the back to the top of the waist line in the front. Again, for this measurement in men the waistline is taken to be at the height of the belly button. When fitting the customer in his/her respective waist size and OTS range, inquire what thickness of wetsuit the BC is most likely to be worn with. Calculate about a 2-inch allowance for the waist measurements for thick, cold water suits.
International shipping: Not available.
Shipping within Australia: Email or call for prices.
Our standard freight fees do not apply.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.