The Tusa X-Pert Zoom Z-3 Open Heel Fins with Stainless Steel Spring Straps (SF-15SS) further improves upon the performance, features and design of the SF-15 with the incorporation of 3 materials, 10% longer blade length, enhanced propeller-fin technology, reinforced blade rails and optimised blade scoops. These new features along with TUSA's patented 27 degree Angled Blade Design. The Tusa Stainless Steel Spring Straps (TA-81) make getting these fins on and off just so easy.
TUSA's Angled Blade Design:
When using the standard traditional blade fin, with the leg completely extended, there remains an angle of 27 degrees between the heel and the foot and the calf of the leg, causing a 10% loss of propulsion. Because the fin is angled below the body, during the kick phase, the body is pushed forward and down, instead of straight ahead. With the SF-15 fin, that 27 degree angle has been designed into the fin. This means that 100% of the energy expended during the kick phase is directed toward the propulsion of the diver. TUSA developed a robot that can replicate the kick-cycle and movement of a human's leg. The robot is able to mimic the motion of a human exactly and relay accurate data.
TUSA has been able to analyse the performance of the fins under several conditions. The robot is able to simulate swimming through the water using kick variations, such as a large scissor kick with a slow repetition and vice versa.
Using the latest technology, this robot measures the energy expended during the kick and the propulsive force that is created using that energy.
To achieve maximum performance from this fin, use a small bent-knee kick with a light rhythm. This creates less strain on the leg muscles compared with traditional fins, reducing the diver's fatigue and subsequent air consumption.
- Three material design for increased performance compared to standard split fins
- Patented 27 degree Angled Blade Design
- Enhanced propeller-fin technology optimizes efficiency
- Multi-compound foot pocket increases power transfer to the fin blade
- Reinforced side-rails decrease blade separation increasing stability and kick-style versatility
- Optimized blade scoops increase water channelling
- Innovative hydrofoil design that produces forward motion (propulsion) with less effort
- 10% longer blade than SF-8 for enhanced propeller effect
- TUSA TA-81 stainless steel spring fin straps
- Tusa patented EZ buckle system for easy attachment
The Tusa Spring Straps (TA-81) are a definite upgrade to standard straps. Spring straps do not need to be adjusted for size and easily slip over the heel securely when donning/doffing. The TA-81 features a rubber heel grip with large finger loop and TUSA patented buckle system for easy attachment.
Colours: Black (BK), Cobalt Blue (CBL), Fluro Yellow (FY)
||X-PERT ZOOM Z3
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer upon request and typically shipped direct from them to you the same day thus resulting in no delay in delivery.