With the Aqua Lung Leg3nd MBS Regulator Set the first inhalation under water is the start of a new adventure. The revolutionary combination of Venturi effect and inhalation effort adjustment is natural and intuitive. Aqua Lung's Master Breathing System allows divers to control both in one simple rotation. All depths, all conditions, all dives - MBS will adapt.
Aqua Lung Leg3nd MBS Key Features
- MBS controls venturi and inhalation
- ACD keeps contaminants out of first stage
- 1st stage heat exchange surface 70% larger to reduce ice formation
The Aqua Lung Leg3nd MBS is a unique combined adjustment, it controls the inhalation effort and the venturi effect automatically. The Master Breathing System is a new way to adjust the comfort on a second stage. The diver can perfectly master breathing comfort in one simple rotation. With the MBS on minimum position (only one full rotation): The spring is fully compressed and the inhalation effort is about 3 mbar higher. A free flow is contained when the venturi blade restricts the injection outlet. With the MBS on maximum position, the injection of the airstream is unrestricted and the flow is maximised.
Aqua Lung Leg3nd MBS Regulator Set Features
- Third Generation of Legend
- Most Advanced, Innovative and Ergonomic Generation of Regulators Ever Created
- Masterpieces of Engineering Mark Plunge into New Way of Discovering
- Ensures Highest Breathing Comfort Exploring in Cold-or-Warm Water
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece to Reduce Jaw Fatigue
- Nitrox Ready Out-of-the-Box
- First Stage - DIN or Yoke
- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqua Lung's three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands
- Channeled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing
- Second Stage
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
- Radial openings to prevent freeflows when diving in stronger currents
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%
- New overmolded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a “soft touch” effect
- Overmolded air purge
- Wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
- Purge depth controller optimizes air flow with minimal effort
- Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism
- Air channel deflector
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors
- Owner's Manual
What's in the box:
- 1st Stage
- 2nd Stage
- Low-Pressure Hose
- Owner's Manual
What about a Yoke 1st Stage?
We recommend DIN valve connection regulators as this setup is much safer and lighter. If you want a Yoke valve connection, just purchase a DIN to Yoke Adaptor so that you can easily switch between DIN and Yoke. Or purchase the Yoke version.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.