The Apollo Phantom Frameless Mask is the smaller cousin to the Apollo SV-F mask, being smaller in skirt and facial frame. The single-window design still offers exceptional visibility and low-volume comfort while incorporating a soft fit skirt that fits most smaller faces.
Apollo Phantom Frameless Mask Features:
- Fits small to medium adult faces
- Low volume frameless mask for a great field of vision
- Revolutionary push-button buckles allow easy, quick strap adjustment
- Unique flexible buckle attachment swivels with facial movements and absorbs shock, preventing buckle breakage when mask is bumped
- White or Black, double-flanged silicon skirt
- Super lightweight
- Highest quality tempered glass lenses
- Supplied in clear plastic box
- Black Silicone
- Clear silicone
Why Black or Opaque Skirt Diving and Snorkelling Masks Are Better
Clear silicone skirts on diving and snorkelling masks are popular because they minimise the claustrophobic feeling some people get when they wear a mask. Nevertheless, clear skirts actually interfere with vision. Extraneous light entering through the clear skirt makes it more difficult for the eye to focus and causes reflections that obscure vision. Demonstrate this by looking out a window from a lighted room at twilight. You will see better by cupping your hands around your eyes as you press your face to the window. For these reasons, knowledgeable scuba divers, spearos, freedivers, underwater photographers, and snorkellers seeking the best possible vision prefer masks with black or opaque silicone skirts.