The Waterproof W1 5.0 mm Wetsuit is Waterproof's 25th Anniversary suit.
The challenge - to create a Front Zip, Fully Functional, Innovative suit with enough Technical Features to set it apart from all competitors - the Waterproof R&D staff relish the chance to create the impossible.
Mission Critical, creating an even better suit than our award-winning 20th Anniversary Waterproof collection. Can it be done? The faces hardened, the doors were locked and when finally opened an incredible new suit was born, the W1.
With its first appearance on the international stage, this technically advanced suit was awarded one of the most prestigious design awards in the world, the Red Dot Design Award. It seems the W1 with unsurpassed quality, unique functionality and ergonomic design, left no hesitation in the minds of the judges it deserved the "Best of the Best 2009" in the Product Design category.
So, paired with earlier winners like Nike, Apple, Adidas and Lamborghini we at Waterproof kind of feel....well we did it again, created yet another winner!
Waterproof W1 5mm Wetsuit Features:
- Gender Specific Design - Different patterns for man and lady provides comfortable lift and support.
- Flow Line Design - Designer suit.
- Double thread stitch and all ends knotted together. Waterproofed seams.
- No restraining seam guidance at arms and legs.
- WaterDam - Finally a working concept for hindering the water streaming down your neck and spine when moving your head. This WaterDam concept is unique for Waterproof.
- Inside the neck, there is smooth skin.
- 3D Sculpted Suit - With pre-bent arms and legs for maximum anatomical fit.
- Hi-Dense Microcell CR Neoprene.
- Generous double seals made from glide skin neoprene with zipper at arms and legs.
- MOP - Multi Optional Platform. A unique gadget that holds Waterproof series of micro back-up gauges. Compass/Temp/Reflex.
- Computer Strap Anchor - To prevent the computer from slipping off your arm when gloves are removed or suit is compressed. The antislip surface makes the computer to stay in place.
- HexTex lining - a new configuration of densely knitted plush with a unique hexagon pattern to support the flex and to restrict the water flow inside the suit.
- Outer lining in I-Span. More stretch and durability.
- SpinePad -11mm thick and countered designed SpinePad features additional protection to kidney and spine areas. Inside has a place for personal marking of the suit.
- Wave flex panels in the hollow of arms and legs.
- Kneepads - 3D moulded vulcanized rubber kneepads. Note the unique design that enables unrestricted leg movements via the "hinge effect". Mounted on DuraTex fabric.
- Embossed elbow protection. 3-D designed and heat pressed.
- NeckTab - A new adjustable fully moulded TPU (eco) NeckTab with micro teeth. Sticks only to the assigned Velcro part.
- NeckTab Holder - The NeckTab attach to the knob holder to keep a tab in place in surface mode.
- A seat that grips - Polyurethane embossing in the back provides a non-slip grip and integrated abrasion protection.
- PU Reinforced Shoulders - Critical area abrasion resistance and anti-slip function.
- Front zipper YKK #10 Vislon Zipper. Rated best quality zipper. A stop function prevents the slider from getting stuck.
- ZipperSeal with open cell neoprene on both sides of the zipper for an ultimate dry seal.
- Zipper puller in TPU gives a very good grip with or without gloves, to open and close the zipper. The flat design makes it disappear when you don't use it.
- ZipGrip - YKK #10 Vislon zipper features a TA slider with an anti-slip designed ZipGrip at arms and legs.
- High Visibility - Reflective logo on neck.
Available in following sizes:
Mens: Black/Blue Accents - XS, S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL, XXXL
Ladies: Black/Yellow Accents - XS, S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL
Also available in the following 'Plus/Relaxed' and 'Tall' fits
Mens: Plus Fit - M/+, L/+, XXXL/+
Mens Tall Fit - S/t, M/t, ML/t, L/t, XL/t, XXL/t
Ladies: Plus Fit - M/+, L/+
Ladies Tall Fit: M/t, ML/+, L/+
Please Note: 'Wide/Relaxed' and 'Tall' fits are not stocked in Australia. Must be special order, and turnaround is 4 to 6 weeks.
Men's size chart - metric and imperial
Women's size chart - metric and imperial
How to Measure Your Body
Waterproof Wetsuit Sizing
It's extremely important that you read and fully understand the following about the sizing of Waterproof wetsuits before ordering one.
Size really matters! Despite similarities in measurements or weight, every person's body is unique. The Waterproof size chart is a good starting point to estimate your size, but because a wetsuit should really fit like a second skin, you really need to take the time to get it absolutely right.
The neoprene materials used in Waterproof wetsuits are fantastic in performance and durability. However, they are not super-stretchy the way many other suits are these days. So Waterproof has a lot more sizes in order for people to fit into their suits, rather than relying on the suit material stretching to fit you.
While most wetsuit manufacturers have 4 to 6 sizes for the men's and women's suits in their range, Waterproof tend to have 10 to 20 sizes in each model for men and women. The goal is to get the wetsuit as close to possible to be like a second skin for as many divers as possible. With so many sizes, in so many models, it's extremely rare for dive shops to have everything in stock. Instead, we order wetsuits in from Waterproof as required, or have Waterproof ship the wetsuit direct to you on our behalf. Please keep this in mind when ordering.
In their size charts, Waterproof provide the measurements for Height, Head, Neck, Chest, Waist, Hips, Neck to Crotch, Neck to Wrist, Crotch to Ankle, etc. You need to take these measurements and match them with the Waterproof size charts. Each of your dimensions needs to be within 1 cm of the measurements listed. If you don't match all of these measurements for the suit size, the wetsuit won't fit you. Please don't think that just because you're a bit out in one or two of the measurements that you'll be okay and it will fit. It won't!
Please Note: If you order the Waterproof suit and it doesn't fit you, you'll have to pay for posting it back to us. Plus, there will be a 10% restocking fee if you're cancelling the order. If you're switching to a different size Waterproof wetsuit, you'll have to pay for the cost of shipping the exchanged suit to you.
We don't like having such an unforgiving policy in place. However, time after time, people order Waterproof wetsuits, even when we've fully informed them about these sizing issues and for some reason, they think being a bit out in one or two measurements won't apply to them, and she'll be right. It almost never is! Then the two and from exchanging suits process starts to happen, which is frustrating for everyone.
Again, the Waterproof wetsuits are fantastic when they fit you. But they just don't fit everybody.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
What We Think...
- One of the best front entry zip wetsuit on the market
- It's is easy to put on, made from high quality materials, functional and is toasty warm
- Award winning sculpted suit helps for the perfect fit
- Reinforced shoulders and knees, double seals and warm inner lining
- Designed for divers who want a great looking wetsuit that is easy to put on and keeps you warm
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer upon request and typically shipped directly from them to you the same day thus resulting in no delay in delivery. However, if they are out of stock this item becomes a special order from Europe typically resulting in a 4- to 6-week delay.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.