Complete combo DIN regulator set comprising Cressi MC5 first stage regulator, Cressi XS Compact second stage regulator and regulator hose. Lightweight and compact, this is an ideal reg set for the rigours of local diving, plus great for the travelling diver.
The Cressi XS Compact is a small, travel-oriented 2nd stage reg which is made of lightweight materials and with abbreviated exhaust ports, the second stage weighs less than 5 ounces. Its feathery weight and a very soft purge cover made this a comfortable reg. Paired with Cressi MC5 first stage, the XS Compact gives very good performance on the breathing simulator at recreational depth, and good performance even down to test limits. It has a well-marked dive/pre-dive lever on the top of the reg. The lever didn't seem to make a pronounced difference in performance, but then the reg didn't try to free-flow even in dive mode on the surface. The price tag is also small, making it one of the best regulator bargains available.
Cressi XS Compact MC5 Regulator Set Features:
- Lightweight, compact, robust and low cost — who said you can't have it all!
- Balanced diaphragm 1st stage
- 1 x HP port and 3 x LP ports
- Lightest all metal second stage on the market
- EN250/2000 certification for cold water
- Limited Lifetime manufacturing guarantee
This regulator set is made up of the second stage Cressi XS Compact regulator,
combined with the Cressi MC5 balanced diaphragm first stage regulator.
Its strengths lie in its extreme lightness, excellent performance,
very easy maintenance and affordable purchase price.
Suitable for beginners to advanced/technical divers, and tough enough for diving schools and rental.
We recommend the first stage and octopus of this reg set for use as a pony/stage cylinder setup by technical divers because of its EN250/2000 certification for cold water, compact size and robustness.
Cressi MC5 DIN 1st Stage
The Cressi MC5 first stage scuba regulator lives up to the reputation of a company that stands as the oldest continuously operating scuba gear maker in the world. Scuba Diving's ANSTI testing gave the regulator above-average performance within the recreational range, and acceptable performance when pushed beyond that and into extremes. The result is a workable reg that stays dry in all positions and delivers plenty of air under any of the circumstances that a sport diver is likely to encounter.
The Cressi MC5 Hyper-balanced Diaphragm Actuated 1st stage regulator has a lightweight body covered by a protective techno-polymer elastomer shell. The regulator is equipped with three low pressure and one high pressure port. Internally the 1st stage is coated with an anti-friction anti-corrosion material that reduces resistance and allows the critical components to move freely. This makes the components perform and last longer between annual servicing and increases performance.
Research on internal air passages led to incorporating a special assist chamber that lower's the drop of intermediate pressure upon inhalation and has keeps this drop at a minimum, guaranteeing higher performance in any situation. Hyper-balancing allows for an increase of the intermediate pressure at maximum depths and when experiencing low pressure in the Scuba cylinder, offering higher performance at maximum depths and during the ascent phase of the dive.
The all chrome plated marine brass first stage regulator is a balanced diaphragm design which transmits the pressure changes to the internal mechanism eliminating the need for the surrounding water to enter the intricate mechanism.
Cressi MC5 1st Stage Technical Features
- MC5 First Sage Hyper-Balanced Diaphragm
- Self-lubricating jacketed cylinder.
- Sintered cup filter.
- 3 low pressure outlets 3/8 UNF.
- 1 high pressure outlet 7/16 UNF.
- Service pressure : 300 bar (4350 psi) DIN version.
- Calibration pressure: 10 bar.
- High capacity conical filter electroless nickel plated.
- Anti-pressure drop pneumatic spring.
- Setting spring: stainless steel with micropeening treatment
- Replaceable cylinder with anti-friction and anti-corrosion properties.
- Elastomer protector
- Flow rate: 3000 l/min
Cressi XS Compact 2nd Stage
The Cressi XS Compact Second-Stage housing is made of durable non-corrosive hi-tech polymers,
and has a dependable downstream demand valve mechanism. The flow of air is channelled to the mouthpiece by injection, creating a venturi effect enhancing the performance.
The 2nd stage comes with a flow deviator that acts on the Venturi effect,
with dive/pre-dive adjustment function. Large soft purge cover allows easy clearing
of 2nd stage and a comfortable silicone mouthpiece.
Cressi XS Compact 2nd Stage Technical Features
- Reliable downstream demand valve system.
- Adjustable venturi effect.
- Patented anti-friction lever.
- Big purge button.
- Anti-scratch surface.
- Bayonet-type cap holder with security lock.
- Removable exhaust tee without tools.
- Weight without hose: 135 gm (4.76 ounce).
Combination Performance XS Compact MC5
- Average cracking effort 6.0 mbar.
- Average breathing effort 1.0 J/l.
- Jacketed hose extremely light and flexible weight: 153 g (5.39 ounce).
The Cressi XS Compact MC5 Regulator Set is lightweight, weighing 26.5 oz (750 g) without the hose. It comes complete with a Black coloured 75 cm long rubber regulator hose. The XS Compact MC5 Regulator comes with an Owner's Manual and a limited lifetime warranty.
Limited Lifetime Manufacturing Guarantee
Cressi guarantees the performance and quality of its products. On Cressi regulators purchased in Australia the guarantee is Limited Lifetime on manufacturing from the date of customer purchase. Not included: consumable parts, damage or failure due to abuse/shock or fair wear and tear.
Combine this regulator set with a Cressi Octopus XS Compact Pro Second Stage Regulator, or a Cressi Octopus XS Compact Second Stage Regulator for a great complete regulator and octopus package.
What about a Yoke 1st Stage?
We prefer to provide only DIN valve connection regulators as this setup is much safer and lighter. If you want a Yoke valve connection, just purchase a DIN to Yoke Converter.
We currently only have both the DIN version of this regulator set in stock.
What We Think...
- Our favourite travel regulator!
- Extremely compact and lightweight set of regs
- Great for travelling and warm water diving
- An easy breathe, they look stylish
- The balanced diaphragm MC5 1st stage is great for cold water diving. It's much better than the AC2 piston first stage sold by many other dive shops in Australia and the little extra in price is well worth the performance gain.
- An adjustment lever on the second stage to help avoid free flows
- Super comfy mouthpiece
- A rugged regulator built to stand the test of time