The Sea & Sea YS-01 Underwater DS-TTL Strobe features a circular beam angle of 100 degrees x 100 degrees and a guide number of up to 20. The YS-01 is a new compact-type slave strobe that can be used for all applications from wide-angle to macro photography.
This is our favourite strobe for the compact camera user, or beginner DSLR shooter. It's small, powerful, and has excellent TTL capability.
Affordable compact DS-TTL and manual strobe with target light.
You can switch between DS-TTL (Digital Slave TTL) and a ten-level manual control function, to enable fine adjustment of the light level. You can also set up a lighting system that uses two strobes in DS-TTL mode.
Power comes from four AA batteries for a powerful and long-lasting strobe. You can enjoy taking pictures all day long without having to recharge the batteries. The recycle time takes 1.9 seconds with nickel-metal hydride batteries (2700 mAh) for stress-free continuous shooting.
The Sea & Sea YS-01 Strobe is furnished with a high-luminance white LED target light (1W) indicating the optical axis of the strobe attached to its front face that is effective for night diving.
You can fully exercise your creativity with the YS-01, which can be used as a primary strobe or secondary strobe in a wide range of applications, from compact digital cameras to digital SLR cameras.
Differences between the YS-02
The YS-01 adds a spotting light and TTL functionality.
Differences between the YS-110a
The YS-110a is more powerful, larger, can recycle faster and can also take an electrical sync cord connection.
YS-01 Strobe Specs
- Guide Number (ISO 100/m) (land): 20
- Beam Angle: 100°x 100° (with diffuser 110°x110°)
- Batteries: 4xAA A: 6V Ni-MH: 4.8V
- Number of Flashes: A: 230 Ni-MH: 330
- Recycle time (full): A: 2.5 sec. Ni-MH: 1.9 sec.
- Colour temperature: 5600K
- Colour temperature w/diffuser: 5250K
- Depth rating: 75 m (250 ft)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 68 x 108 x 129 mm
- Weight: 505 g
- Underwater weight: -10 g
- Exposure control: DS-TTL, Light level control dial (GN): 1 / 1.4 / 2 / 2.8 / 4 / 5.6 / 8 / 11 / 16 / 20 (10 steps)
- Pre-flash control: Equipped with pre-flash cancel mode
- DS-TTL function
- Slave function
- Auto power OFF function
- Optional Sync cord: Fiber-Optic Cable (L-type)
- Over-pressure relief valve
Compatability of the Sea & Sea YS-01 with different cameras:
Please check this link to Sea & Sea's chart of compatability. There are no known compatability issues with Canon cameras, but there are issues with some current Olympus cameras and others.
View brochure (1 page, 1 Mb, PDF)