The Apeks Black Ice BCD has been designed for the most serious of recreational divers in mind. From Tech to Rec the Black Ice can meet all your demands and do it well. Designed to provide the comfort desired for daily diving and the features needed to take you over the edge, the Black Ice is ideal for the diver who does it all.
Sport Diver Gear Guide Editor's Pick 2013
With the Advanced Diver in mind Apeks have designed the Black Ice to be rugged — made from abrasion resistant materials. Back inflation wing design produces a lot of lift without restricting movement and because all of the buoyancy is flat on your back it gives you a more natural position in the water.
Wrapture Harness System utilises patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra thin backplate which increases comfort and stability. The wrapture system prevents the BC from "riding-up" on the surface when inflated by holding onto you. Out of the water, the thin backplate keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips, reducing the strain on your back. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
Modular Design lets you adjust different parts of the harness to customise the length of each strap for a perfect fit.
Apeks Black Ice BCD Features
- Wrapture Harness System (pat. pend.) – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from "riding-up" on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
- Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders as well as either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and "click". With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
- Dual channel weight pockets in front along with non-ditchable weight pockets in back mean that all sizes can hold up to 42 lbs. (19kg)
- The Apeks Black Ice BCD can be rigged for twin cylinders using the optional twin cylinder kit.
- There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
- The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the l.p. inflator hose tucked in tight.
- The air cell has several pass-throughs that allow easy air transfer from left to right
- A dual bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag.
- The air cell is constructed of rugged 840 denier nylon
- The adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered. This not only ensures a good fit but also keeps the strap from running across top of a drysuit valve.
- The left pocket is a fold down design with deep capacity, perfect for an extra mask.
- The right pocket is a large utility pocket secured with a robust zipper
- Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap which will accommodate many of the Squeeze Lock knives. This location provides easy access to the knife.
- Features 5 large, angled, stainless steel D-rings for all of your accessories.
- Right shoulder pull dump provides an additional dumping option.
- Rolled neck collar for comfort
Apeks Black Ice BCD Specifications
- Temperature Range - No lower than -20°C (-4°F) and no higher than 65°C (150°F).
- Cylinder Capacities -
- Single Cylinder - Maximum Diameter - 20.5 cm (8.1 in)
- Maximum Capacity - 15 litre
- Twin Cylinder - Maximum Diameter - 17.7 cm (7.0 in)
- Maximum Capacity - 2 x 10 litre
- Overall Weight - 4.40 kg (9.7 lbs) approx
- Squeeze Lock Knife and cylinder for illustration purposes only (Knife and Cylinder Not Included)
||Weight-integrated Back Inflation
||SM/MD, ML/LG, XL/XXL
||Flat valves (3)
|# of D-rings
||5 large, angled, stainless
||1 large fold-down, 1 zippered
||All sizes 14.5 kg (32 lb)
||4.5 kg (10 lb)
|Lift Capacity (lbs/N)
||SM/MD - 52/230
|ML/LG - 52/230
|XL/XXL - 52/230
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.