The Suunto SK-8 Compass Capsule is a fast stabilising compass for fitting into Suunto compass console boots and wrist boots. The SK-8 is a high-quality liquid filled compass that has set a new standard for dive compasses. The device features 2-3 times larger tilt potential than in conventional diving compasses and provides easy-to-read numerals.
Improved Calibration improves the coverage so the compass capsule is suitable for use in the southern hemisphere and much of the northern hemisphere too.
Exceptional Tilt Potential of +/-30°, which is 2-3 times larger than in conventional diving compasses. The firm-grip bezel with a ratchet at every fifth degree is especially designed to prevent sand and dirt contamination, thus allowing smooth turning in all conditions.
The Suunto SK8 Compass has a phosphorescent card which can be charged with a diving light. Simply point your torch at the compass face for around 30 seconds and you will be able to navigate in confidence even in complete darkness.
Suunto SK-8 Compass Capsule Features
- Latest Edition of Suunto's Leading Dive Compasses:
Delivers Even Better Underwater Performance
Faster Stabilisation and Enhanced Readability
Instrument Can-Be-Used-Over Wider Area of Globe
- Outstanding build quality, reliability, and accuracy
- Easy to read numerals on a phosphorescent compass card for easy reading in low light conditions
- Tilt potential +/-30 degrees. Tilt is 2 to 3 Times Better than Conventional Compasses
- Balanced for the Southern Hemisphere (SH)
- Liquid filled compass for a quick and responsive movement
- Fast stabilisation
- Suitable for sub-zero temperatures
- Made in Finland
Suunto Compass Balancing
The vertical intensity and direction of the earth's magnetic field, the inclination, influences the horizontal plane of a compass needle according to the latitude where it is used. Due to inclination, compasses must be balanced for different geographical zones in order to keep the needle in a horizontal position.
Previously, the globe was divided into five different balance zones in which specific compasses functioned. However, as people travel more and more, the need for a compass with a greater geographical range has increased. Thanks to Suunto's 'Two Zone System' there are only two balance zones to consider in compass use — the Northern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere. In practice, this means that a Suunto compass designed for the northern hemisphere will still work for a fair distance into the southern hemisphere, and vice-versa.
TIP: This compass capsule is set for the Southern Hemisphere. If you purchase a compass from say, North America or Europe, it will not function correctly in Australia as the counterweight will not be properly set for the region you are in. All of our Suunto SK-8 Compasses are balanced correctly for use here in Australia.
- The International Limited Warranty Period starts at the date of original retail purchase.
- The Warranty Period is five (5) years for failures attributable to the depth measurement (pressure) sensor on Suunto Dive Computers.
- The Warranty Period is two (2) years for Dive Products and Dive transmitters unless otherwise specified.
- The Warranty Period is one (1) year for accessories including but not limited to wireless sensors, chargers, cables, rechargeable batteries, straps, bracelets and hoses.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.