The Cressi Cherokee Open Speargun is the new flagship Cressi spearfishing sling gun with exquisite details and performance. Built for power and accuracy the Cressi Cherokee Ocean Spear Gun has a circular band and a unique magnetic loading system.
This speargun has an anticorodal brown camouflaged hydro-formed frame (aircraft grade aluminium alloy 6082) that is improved with an integrated spear guide. The particular shape of the 28 mm (1.1") frame provides excellent hydrodynamics and considerable resistance to bending.
The guns quick loading open muzzle along with the magnetic spear lock combined for rapid reload when on the hunt.
The anticorodal handle has soft interchangeable high-low sternal support. The guns release box is made entirely of stainless steel with lateral guide line release having automatic return and buckling tooth stroke damper and a tilting lateral safety catch. This speargun is equipped with a reinforced reel buckle with steel through pin
The Cressi Cherokee Open Speargun head is designed for double bands with a magnetic spear lock that as soon as the spear is put in place, it is held by two neodymium magnets mounted in a watertight chamber. This characteristic guarantees the maximum speed of reset without the disadvantages of conventional mechanical restraint systems.
The Cherokee Open Spear Gun comes equipped with a shock absorber to help with recoil and when spearing big game. The single circular 16 mm (5/8") band is equipped with a pure dyneema high strength lined wishbone with a tensile strength of 200 kg (440 lbs.). The 6.5 mm diameter spring stainless steel inox shaft is heat treated to increase hardness and prevent bending with small 17-4 ph steel shark fin tabs for band wishbones. The shaft comes equipped with a widely preferred Tahitian style tip with flopper shaft barb. Gun is available in multiple lengths from 75 cm to 110 cm.
Cressi Cherokee Open Spear Gun Features
- Ready for Use: Assembled with Multifilament Braided Nylon and Shock Absorber
- Quick Loading Open Muzzle
- Magnetic Spear Lock:
Spear Put-in-Place, its Held by 2-Neodymium Magnets Mounted in Watertight Chamber
Guarantees Maximum Speed of Reset without Disadvantages of Conventional Mechanical Restraints
- Muzzle and Magnets Combined for Rapid Reload when Hunting
- Anticorodal Hydro-Formed Frame (aircraft grade aluminum alloy 6082)
- Frame Improved with Integrated Spear Guide
- Shape of 28 mm (1.1") Frame (Barrel):
Provides Excellent Hydrodynamics
Considerable Resistance to Bending
- Anticorodal Handle: Has Soft Interchangeable High-Low Sternal Support
- Barrel and Handle in Black Finish
- Guns Release Box: Made Entirely of Stainless Steel
- Lateral Guide Line Release
- Automatic Return and Buckling Tooth Stroke Damper
- Tilting Lateral Safety Catch
- Reinforced Reel Buckle with Steel Thru-Pin
- Shock Absorber: Helps with Recoil and Spearing Big Game
- Single Circular 16 mm (5/8") Band
- Gun Head Designed for Double Bands
- Pure Dyneema High Strength Line Wishbones with Tensile Strength of 200 kg (440 lbs.)
- 6.5 mm diameter Spring Stainless Inox Steel Shaft with Fins
- Shaft: Heat Treated to Increase Hardness and Prevent Bending
- 3 Shark Fin Tab Design for Band Wishbones
- Includes Widely Preferred Tahitian Style Tip with Flopper Shaft Barb
- Available in Multiple Lengths: 75 cm to 110 cm
The Cressi Cherokee Open Spearguns come in the following lengths:
110 cm (special order)
Please Note: Special Order means we don't usually keep that size speargun in stock. Should you have a time restraint on delivery, please phone or email the dive shop prior to placing your order. If your order option is not in stock there will be an approximate 14 to 21 day turn around to get them from Cressi in Italy.
International shipping: Not available.
Shipping within Australia: Email or call for prices.
Our standard freight fees do not apply.
When purchasing a speargun, there are a few extras that we recommend you purchase to complete you kit. A float rope and divers float are the two main extras. The rope is connected to the gun at handle and the other end of the rope is to be connected to the float. This will ensure you will not loose your gun by accidental dropping it, or having a fish steal it! (It does happen.) A pair of gloves is another item that we recommend you purchase also. Once you have shot your fish, trying to grab it and finish the kill can be very difficult without gloves. Fish are not only slippery but also have made spikes and teeth. Gloves will prevent cuts and scratches as well as help your grip.
How to safely load and unload a spearfishing railgun
How to correctly load a spearfishing railgun
How to correctly rig a spearfishing railgun
How to tie a Dyneema line to you rubber bands