The Mares XR Aluminium 3 mm Backplate is part of the new Mares Extended Range (XR) Gear Line. This is a tough skeleton backplate made to be strong and full of features for a solid foundation for your harness and wing system.
This backplate is made from 3 mm (0.12") 6061 marine grade anodised aluminium alloy. The aluminium alloy is lightweight and corrosion resistant but still tough enough to hold it's shape with twins.
This back-plate is strong, durable and provides many options for fixing on accessories — all with the modern XR look! It weighs 750 g which makes it one of the lightest backplates available. The back-plate has 13 laser cut and laser etched webbing slots, with 8 slots specially designed for optimum positioning of the harness webbing. 2 upper and 2 lower slots for nylon cylinder bands so a single cylinder can be strapped directly to the back-plate without the requirement of a special adaptor. Having only 2 slots provides enough lateral cylinder stability without weakening the strength of the spine.
The Mares XR Backplate has a 50 mm (2") wide crotch strap slot and 15 holes for attachment of accessories. The 3 holes at the top of the plate offer a range of height adjustments for buoyancy cells and cylinders. In addition, a corresponding lower centre slot allows for lower band bolts that are misaligned. 4 upper and lower perimeter holes along either side and 4 holes along the bottom allow for the mounting of accessories and side-mount butt plate. The bent lower edges, Mares XR logos and laser cut shaped axis, deliver a highly technical pre-shape for unparalleled versatility. The back-plate has an ultra-rugged backbone and the design was pushed to its limits through intense testing. The Mares XR Stainless Steel Back-Plate provides total modularity and fits all Mares donuts/wings.
Mares XR Aluminium 3 mm Backplate Features
- Bridging the Gap Between Recreational and Technical Diving
- Made for Serious Divers
- Pushed to Limits-Thru-Intense Testing
- Fits All Mares Harnesses and Donuts/Wings
- Mares XR Stainless Steel Back-Plate:
- 3 mm (0.12") 6061 marine grade anodised aluminium alloy
- Weight: 750 g
- 13 Laser Cut and Laser Etched Webbing Slots
- Eight Slots Specially Designed for Optimum Positioning of Harness Webbing
- 2 Upper, 2 Lower Slots for Nylon Cylinder Bands, Single Cylinder Mount w/o Adaptor
- Two Slot Design: Provides Lateral Cylinder Stability w/o Weakening Strength of Spine
- 50 mm (2") Wide Crotch Strap Slot
- 15 Holes for Accessory Attachment
- Three Top Holes: Offer Range of Height Adjustments for Buoyancy Cells/Cylinders
- Lower Centre Slot: Allows for Misaligned Lower Band Bolts
- 4 Upper, Lower and Bottom Perimeter Holes:
- Mounting of Accessories
- Side-Mount Butt Plate
- Bent Lower Edges
- Mares XR Logos and Laser Cut Shaped Axis
- Ultra-Rugged Backbone
- Highly Technical Pre-Shape — Unparalleled Versatility
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.