The Mares XR DR 25X Regulator Set is a pair of regulators for a DIR twin setup with a heavy duty metal 2nd stage for outstanding performance for serious deep and cold diving. Left and Right handed 1st stages route your hoses neatly leaving plenty of space to reach your valves and each 2nd stage has VAD inlet for a smooth breathe.
The Mares 25X First Stage is extremely reliable and environmentally sealed - great for keeping out water. With an interchangeable port design to offer perfect SPG instrument positioning. The first stage regulator is made from a nickel-plated marine grade brass and has a solid compact one-piece body. The balanced diaphragm design which is environmentally sealed. The diaphragm membrane transmits the pressure changes to the internal mechanism eliminating the need for the surrounding water to enter the intricate mechanism. The benefit of this type of first stage design is that none of the internal parts are exposed to contaminants such as salt, sand, chlorine or pool acids. These environmental contaminants cause corrosion and mineral deposits to form on the internal mechanism deteriorating regulator performance.
Another unique feature of the first-stage is the Dynamic Flow Control (DFC). The DFC system minimizes the intermediate pressure drop during inhalation, making it possible to use a simpler more reliable second stage. No type of manual adjustment of the second stage is necessary due to the consistency derived from a first stage that guarantees a stable flow of air, even under extreme conditions. Also the 25XR DR First Stage Regulators HP valve uses Mares Advanced Coating Technology: The new valve in the X systems increases durability by an astounding 600%, even under the most extreme conditions.
This DIN dedicated regulator with its environmental seal makes it an excellent choice for cold water diving. The first stage comes equipped with 2 LP ports 3/8-inch UNF threaded that are angled down for optimum hose routing and 1 HP port (IPD: Interchangeable Port Design) with 7/16-inch UNF threads. Regulator is designed for use with Trimix, Heliox, Helitrox gas mixtures, it is extreme reliability with the highest safety in its design. Maximised breathing comfort, extreme depth, engaged dives and mixed gas diving (Helium, O2, Nitrogen) capable. Excellent choice for twinset use but equally suitable for single or stage cylinder configurations. Dual configuration: fits all certifying agencies from RSTC to DIR divers and all XR uses including cave.
Compact and rugged, the Mares DR (Deep Regulator) Second Stage is strong and resistant - ideal for scootering, deep, cold and wreck diving! For extreme demanding conditions, such as use in cold or contaminated water, the DR second stage is also made of nickel plated brass. This material offers a number of benefits: ruggedness and thinner walls which allow compact dimensions obtained without using smaller-diameter diaphragms; this result in reduced water drag. The second stage ha an anti-freeze function, which is enhanced by the "radiator action" of the metal.
The DR with its Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) system: all Mares second stages offer the unique patented VAD system. The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center this keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, giving very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths. The second stage cover features the new "mesh-grid" system for water inflow and outflow, which provides a further performance improvement. Furthermore, the compact and ergonomic exhaust tee ensures superior hydrodynamic performance and reduced exhalation resistance. The mouthpiece is made of soft hypoallergenic silicone: limiting jaw fatigue and offering a secure fit even after very long dives. This regulator set consists of 2 first stage regulators one with left hand and one with right hand porting, 2 second stage regulators, two 3/8" threaded low pressure hoses one measuring 56 cm (22 in) and one measuring 210 cm (82.7 in). Each regulator weighs 1.027 kg (36.23 oz) come with an owner's manual.
The regulator set also includes a silicone regulator necklace that attaches easily to any regulator 2'nd stage mouthpiece. Necklace allows regulator to hang close under the chin it keeps your second stage where you need it. Durable, shape retaining silicone design. Also included with the set is a high quality marine grade 316 stainless steel 7.6 cm (3 in) dead bolt snap. This spring loaded gate clip with 360° swivel is Mares XR laser engraved and corrosion and rust resistant. Swiveling bases making them easy to use.
Mares XR DR 25X Tek Regulator Set Features
- Complete Technical Diving Regulator Set
- Two First and Second Stage Regulators
- Two LP Hoses: 56 cm (22 in) and 210 cm (82.7 in) with 3/8-inch Threads
- Weight: 1.027 kg (36.23 oz)
- Owner's Manual
- First Stage: Mares 25XR
- Mares Introduces the Extended Range (XR) Gear Line
- Bridging the Gap Between Recreational and Technical Diving
- Made for Serious Divers
- Pushed to Limits-Thru-Intense Testing
- Nickel-Plated Marine Grade Brass
- Solid Compact One-Piece Body
- Balanced Diaphragm Design:
- Inherently Environmentally Sealed to Keep Out Contaminates
- Diaphragm Keeps Delicate Internal Parts from Exposure-to-Contaminants
- No Deterioration from Salt, Sand, Chlorine or Pool Acids
- Requires Less-Maintenance
- CWD Kit for Extreme Temperature
- High Performance in Cold Water
- Dynamic Flow Control (DFC): Minimizes Intermediate Pressure Drop
- HP Valve:
- Advanced Coating Technology
- New X system Valve Increases Durability 600%
- Even Under Most Extreme Conditions
- DIN Dedicated Regulator
- 2 LP Ports 3/8-inch UNF Thread
- LP Ports Angled Down for Optimum Hose Routing
- 1 HP Port (IPD: Interchangeable Port Design) 7/16-inch UNF Threads
- Available with Left or Right Hand Porting
- Trimix, Heliox, Helitrox Gas Mixture Compatible
- Extreme Reliability with Highest Safety Design
- Maximised Breathing Comfort
- Extreme Depth, Engaged Dives and Mixed Gas Diving (Helium, O2, Nitrogen)
- Excellent Choice for Twin-Set Cylinders
- Works Well w/Single Cylinders
- Fits All Certifying Agencies from RSTC to DIR Divers
- All XR Uses Including Cave
- Second Stage: Mares DR
- High Performance Tech Regulator
- Strong and Resistant, Ideal for Scootering, Deep, Cold and Wreck Diving
- Downstream Demand Valve
- Material: Nickel Plated Brass
- Rugged Design
- Anti-Freeze Function, Radiator Action of Metal
- Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) System
- Mesh-Grid System
- Compact and Ergonomic Exhaust Tee
- Soft Hypoallergenic Silicone Mouthpiece
- Mouthpiece Provides Less Jaw Fatigue
- Easy-to-Push Purge
- Regulator Necklace:
- Silicone Regulator Necklace
- Attaches Easily to Any Regulator 2'nd Stage Mouthpiece
- Allows Regulator to Hang Close Under Chin
- Keeps Second Stage Where-You-Need-It!
- Durable, Shape Retaining Silicone Design
- Dead Bolt Snap:
- High Quality Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel
- Spring Loaded Gate Clip
- 360° Swivel
- Mares XR Laser Engraved
- Corrosion and Rust Resistant
- Swiveling Bases Easy to Use Design
- Dimensions: 7.6 cm (3 in)
What's In The Box...
- 2 x Mares 25XR First Stages
- 2 x Mares DR Second Stages
- 2 x Mares Regulator Hoses (56 cm and 210 cm)
- 1 x Mares Neck Bungee
- 1 x Mares Dead Bolt Snap
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.