The Atomic Aquatics Z2 Octopus is a safe second stage regulator. Most manufacturers produce just an Economy and a Performance Octopus model yet, even their high-end Octopus cannot come close to matching the performance of the Atomic safe seconds. Each Atomic Octopus is designed and precision built to perform as perfectly as its primary model counterpart. So when you need it, you know exactly what to expect.
The Atomic Z2 Safe Second Stage features critical metal components of the demand valve that are made of Titanium or 316 Stainless Steel and is completely corrosion proof. The demand valve housing is machined from brass and plated with an exotic zirconium plating that exponentially outlasts conventional chrome plating.
The Atomic Z2 Octopus Diaphragm is made from high quality silicone rubber. This pneumatically balanced poppet second stage has Atomic's patented seat saving dynamic orifice which unlike most second stage orifices is a floating valve design which reduces wear on the second-stage. Poppet seat when the regulator is not pressurized adding life to this important seal.
The Z2 Octopus Second Stage Regulator is equipped with Atomic's patented Automatic Flow Control (AFC). This unique diaphragm activated vain automatically controls the flow and venturi effect of the second stage for optimum breathing resistance at all depths. The second stage does have a rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in rare special situations
The Z2 Octopus has a bright yellow front cover for easy-identification in an out-of-air-emergency and a 91.4 cm (36") 3/8" threaded low pressure (LP) hose. The regulator is also equipped with a dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear-resistant bite tabs, weighs 12.3 oz (349 g) with the hose and is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
Atomic Aquatics Z2 Octopus Features
- Precision-Built to Perform-as-Perfectly as its Primary Model
- Factory-Rated for Oxygen-Enriched Mixtures Up to 40%
- Demand Valve Body: Zirconium Plated Brass
- Critical Metal Components of Demand Valve: Titanium or 316 Stainless Steel, Completely-Corrosion-Proof
- Diaphragm: High Quality Silicone Rubber
- Pneumatically-Balanced Poppet Second-Stage
- Atomics Patented Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice
- Orifices is a Floating Valve Design, Reduces Wear on Second-Stage Poppet Seat
- Atomics Patented Automatic Flow Control (AFC)
- AFC: Unique Diaphragm Activated Vain Automatically Controls the Flow and Venturi-Effect
- AFC: Optimum Breathing Resistance at All Depths
- Rapid Adjustment Knob: Manual Second Stage De-Tuning in Rare Special Situations
- Bright Yellow Front Cover for Easy-Identification in Out-of-Air-Emergency
- Dual Silicone Comfort Fit Mouthpiece with Tear-Resistant Bite Tabs
- 36" (91.4 cm) 3/8" Threaded Low Pressure (LP) Hose
- Weight: 349 g (12.3 oz) with LP Hose
- Limited Lifetime Warranty