The X-Core Men's Vest is Fourth Element's answer to the electrically heated vest or undergarment. Utilising the body's own heat output and retaining it, weight for weight the X-Core is Fourth Elements warmest undergarment yet. Pair it with an Arctic, Halo 3D or Arctic Expedition undergarment to experience warmth without batteries or wires.
Designed to be used as part of the Fourth Element drysuit undergarment layering system
The sleeveless design of the vest minimises impact on buoyancy and overall bulk especially in the shoulders and arms where freedom of movement is critical. The four-way stretch fabric combined with long body design ensures a snug fit, minimising cold points. The additional chest panel helps to minimise the rush of cold air from the inlet valve of dry suit and provides extra thermal protection in a key exposure area. The fast wicking fabric moves perspiration towards the outer surface, keeping the wearer drier and warmer.
The physiological response to cold stress is to reduce blood flow to the periphery and look after the body core, where it can often just be a matter of time before cold becomes the limiting factor in the safety and enjoyment of a dive. X-Core provides extreme thermal protection to the core, enabling longer, more comfortable dives. Designed to be worn under an Arctic, Arctic Expedition, Halo 3D or any other dry suit undergarment, X-Core augments thermal protection to the extent that electric heating can be avoided in many instances. It performs best over a lightweight base layer such as J2 or Xerotherm, but the X-Core can also be worn as a next-to-skin garment for critical core protection.
More than 8 million tons of plastic are dumped in our oceans every year, endangering marine and bird life and creating almost unfathomable areas of pollution, from local water courses to vast plastic gyres. Reducing the plastic, we discard is part of the solution to improving the health of our oceans. X-Core is made with REPREVE™, a fibre that is made from recycled post-consumer waste, including used plastic bottles. Plastic is removed from the waste stream and prevented from reaching the ocean. 76% of the fibre composition of X-Core is recycled polyester. The Polartec™ fabric used in X-Core is manufactured to the highest environmental standards. It has Blue Sign™ and Oeko-Tex™ certification to indicate that harmful chemicals are minimised or eliminated, and that waste water is treated to ensure its purity before being released from the factory. Odor resistant, machine washable and is made from 76% recycled polyester / 16% polyester / 8% elastane.
The Fouth Element X-Core Mens Vest is available in multiple sizes.
Fourth Element X-Core Men's Vest Features
- Answer to Electrically Heated Vest or Undergarment
- Utilising Body's Own Heat Output and Retaining It
- Weight for Weight X-Core is Fourth Elements Warmest Undergarment Yet
- Pair with Arctic, Halo 3D or Arctic Expedition undergarments
- Experience Warmth without Batteries or Wires
- Sleeveless Design:
Minimizes Impact on Buoyancy
Reduces Overall Bulk Especially in Shoulders and Arms
Provides Freedom of Movement
- 4-Way Stretch Fabric and Long Body Design Ensures Snug Fit, Minimising Cold Points
- Additional Chest Panel: Minimise Rush of Cold Air from Inlet Valve of Dry Suit
- Provides Extra Thermal Protection in Key Exposure Area
- Fast Wicking Fabric:
Moves Perspiration Towards Outer Surface
Keeps Wearer Drier and Warmer
- X-Core Provides Extreme Thermal Protection to Core
- Enabling Longer, More Comfortable Dives
- Performs Best Over Lightweight Base Layer Such As J2 or Xerotherm
- Can Be Worn as Next-to-Skin Garment for Critical Core Protection
- Ocean Positive:
Endangering Marine and Bird Life and Creating Unfathomable Areas of Pollution
Reducing Plastic, We Discard is Part of Solution
8 Million Tons of Plastic Dumped in Our Oceans Every Year
- X-Core is Made with REPREVE™
Fibre Made from Recycled Post-Consumer Waste
76% of Fibre Composition of X-Core is Recycled Polyester
- Polartec™ Fabric Used in X-Core is Manufactured to Highest Environmental Standards
- Blue Sign™ and Oeko-Tex™ Certification to Indicate Harmful Chemicals are Minimised or Eliminated
- Odour Resistant
- Machine Washable
- Fabric: 76% Recycled Polyester / 16% Polyester / 8% Elastane
- Available in Multiple Sizes
Fourth Element X-Core Men's Size Chart
Use the tables below as a guide to help select which size X-Core undersuit best suits your body type. If you require any further assistance/advice please don't hesitate to contact us.
Also available in Women's sizes.
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 2-3 day delay.