The Tovatec UV Dive Light will bring the reef to life! The 395nm LED creates an amazing fluorescent effect. The UV light is almost invisible to the naked eye, so only the fluorescent colours are revealed. This light feature some of the functions of the Fusion light series including an adjustable beam angle and versatile battery options. Its size makes it easy to take along on any dive. Light has an option of 12° to 100° beam angle allowing you to observe a large area or a more concentrated beam for pinpoint observations of fluorescent proteins.
Science has discovered corals contain fluorescent proteins invisible to the naked eye that jump into view using innovative high-intensity fluoro-lights. Chemical compounds contained in the tissue of these animals (mostly corals) react to the UV light causing them to fluoresce in brilliant reds, purples and greens. The results can be quite amazing. Recently, advances in technology have made possible a new version of the UV LED which has a wavelength just outside the spectrum of visible light at about 395 (nm). This LED still causes marine life to put on their fluorescent show but since it is nearly invisible to the naked eye, only the glowing colours are revealed. The reef is still bathed in UV light you just can't see it!
Light is powered by a rechargeable 18650 lithium-ion battery and comes with a battery cradle and USB cable. The UV light (UV01) has a 4-hour burn time when fully charged. The light measures (L x Dia.) 16 cm x 3.7 cm (6.3" x 1.46"), weighs 260 g (9.17 oz) without battery, has an on/off switch mechanism, is made from black anodised aircraft aluminium and is depth rated to 100 metres (328 ft).
Tovatec UV LED Dive Light Features
- Bring the Reef to Life!
- Bring Out Incredible Colors and Intricate Detail of Marine Life
- Produce Prize Winning Videos with Aqualite
- Video with Fluorescent Dive or "Flo Dive" Light
- Amaze Yourself by Seeing New Colors when Night Diving
- UV Lights Transform the Reef into a Spectacular Show of Color
- How does it Work:
- Chemical Compounds in Tissue of Animals (mostly corals) React to UV Light
- No Need for Filters!
- Lamp: 395nm LED
- Option of 12° to 100° Beam Angle
- Power: Rechargeable 18650 Lithium-Ion Battery
- Includes: Battery Cradle and USB Cable
- Burn Time: 4-Hours
- Dimensions: (L x Dia.) 16 cm x 3.7 cm (6.3" x 1.46")
- Weight: 260 g (9.17 oz) without Battery
- On/Off Switch Mechanism
- Material: Black Anodised Aircraft Grade Aluminium
- Depth Rating: 100 metres (328 ft)
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the Australian distributor upon request and typically shipped directly from them to you the same day thus resulting in no delay in delivery. However, if they are out of stock this item becomes a special international order, typically resulting in a 4-week delay.