The Mares Dual 15X Regulator Set combines a 15X first stage regulator with a Dual second stage regulator and an 80 cm low pressure hose.
It's first stage combination, the 15X, includes pre-oriented ports, an ACT valve which guarantees reliability and safety and a DFC system for great performance! Compact, reliable, and performance are the key words for describing this new Mares first stage. Featuring the DFC system, it meets all divers' demands at any depth. The new valve guarantees longevity and advanced performance.
The sandblasted finish chrome plated marine brass first stage regulator is a balanced diaphragm design which is inherently environmentally sealed. The diaphragm membrane transmits the pressure changes to the internal mechanism eliminating the need for the surrounding water to enter the intricate mechanism. The benefit of this type of first stage design is that none of the internal parts are exposed to contaminants such as salt, sand, chlorine or pool acids. These environmental contaminants cause corrosion and mineral deposits to form on the internal mechanism deteriorating regulator performance.
The Dual 15X uses A.C.T. Advanced Coating Technology. This patented technology created to optimize performance, safety and reliability. The valve is covered with a hard Polyurethane (PU) and the sealing surface is a layered with a soft PU for a perfect seal. Tri-material (brass, soft PU and heavy-duty" PU) reaches new levels of durability. The new valve is 600% more durable than its predecessor.
Another unique feature of the first-stage is the dynamic flow control (DFC). The DFC system minimizes the intermediate pressure drop during inhalation. The 15X first stage guarantees a stable flow of air, even under extreme conditions. The first stage is equipped with 4 LP 3/8-inch ports and 2 HP 7/16-inch ports for attachment of a pressure gauge or air integrated console.
The lightweight Mares Dual Second Stage is made of techno-polymer features an oversized silicone purge button so that the purge button is easy to push. All Mares second stages are a reliable downstream valve design and offer the unique patented Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) system. The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low-pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
Furthermore, the compact and ergonomic exhaust tee ensures superior hydrodynamic performance and reduced exhalation resistance. The mouthpiece is made of soft hypoallergenic silicone: limiting jaw fatigue and offering a secure fit even after very long dives.
Mares developed the Superflex hose after many years of testing and research. The results achieved far surpassed the tests required by EN250. Hose is extremely light weight and exceptionally soft, guaranteeing the maximum freedom of movement and further reducing jaw fatigue. The regulator comes with a Superflex hose that is a 3/8-inch threaded high flow hose and is 80 cm (31.5 inch) in length. The regulators total weight is 1,085 g (38.3 oz) with hose.
Mares Dual 15X Regulator Set Features
- Compact, Reliable Performance
- Great Regulator System for Travel
- First-Stage: Mares 15X
- Balanced Diaphragm
- DFC System
- Sandblasted Finish Chromed Marine Grade Brass
- Inherently Environmentally Sealed Design
- Design Provides Protection from Sand, Salt, Chlorine, Pool Acid and Contaminants
- Pre-Oriented Pressure Ports
- A.C.T. Advanced Coating Tri-Material Valve Technology
- Four 3/8-inch Threaded LP Port
- Two 7/16-inch Threaded HP Ports
- Second Stage: Mares Dual
- Compact-Size Octopus with Stylish Design
- Strengthened by Technology to Give Steady, Natural and Effortless Breathing
- Lightweight Techno Polymer Housing
- Compact Exhaust Tee: Superior Hydrodynamic Performance & Reduced Exhalation Resistance
- Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) System
- Air Bypass Tube Conveys Air to Mouthpiece Creating Swirling Vortex
- Low-Pressure Area Center Keeps Diaphragm Down During Inhalation
- Very Sensitive and Easy Breathing At-All-Depths
- Soft Hypoallergenic Silicone Mouthpiece
- Dependable Downstream Valve Design
- Hose: 80 cm (31.5 inch), 3/8-inch Thread, Super-Flex
- Super-Flex Hose Surpassed Tests Required by EN250
- Weight: 1,085 g (38.3 oz) with Hose
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the Australian supplier, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.