The Aqua Lung Legend 3 Elite Regulator Set is for the passionate, the explorers for whom diving is more than a sport, it is a state of mind. Here is the third generation of Legend. The most advanced, innovative and ergonomic generation of regulators ever created. These masterpieces of engineering mark the plunge into a new way of discovering by ensuring the highest breathing comfort whether you are exploring in cold or warm water.
Aqua Lung Leg3nd Elite Key Features
- Perfect precision allowing the user to fine tune the opening effort
- ACD keeps contaminants out of first stage
- 1st stage heat exchange surface 70% larger to reduce ice formation
- Inhalation adjustment knob: Allows the diver to precisely adjust the opening effort sensitivity. Overmolded with soft touch elastomer, the ergonomically designed switch perfectly controls the venturi effect, either allowing or containing a natural freeflow.
- At MIN position the assistance of the valve is minimized, resulting in lower opening effort sensitivity.
- At MAX position the assistance of the valve is maximized, resulting in higher opening effort sensitivity.
The Aqua Lung Leg3nd Elite gives divers unprecedented capabilities by providing perfect precision and enhanced ergonomics at your fingertips. Advanced divers appreciate the independent micro adjustments to fine-tune their own individual breathing preferences.
Aqua Lung is synonymous with the modern scuba regulator. Over 70 years of innovation have gone into making scuba regulators that are safer and easier to use than others on the market. An Aqua Lung scuba regulator offers you comfort, ease of breathing, control and peak performance. Aqua Lung and the scuba regulator share a rich history, and now is your chance to play a part. Choose the right scuba regulator to ensure your next dive is comfortable and safe. Aqua Lung has developed diving regulators built for new and experienced divers, as well as for a range of diving conditions.
Aqua Lung's premier and iconic line of Legend regulators feature an overbalanced diaphragm designed to provide excellent breathing performance. The Leg3nd range features premium engineering, with such features as Aqua Lungs, unique Auto-Closure Device (ACD) and the revolutionary Master Breathing System (MBS) for simple breathing comfort control. With the ACD, divers don't have to worry that water or silt will enter the first stage. Since 1943, Aqua Lung has been the expert in scuba regulators. Now you can carry on the spirit of that first dive with an Aqua Lung dive regulator that will perfectly suit your diving needs. If you want high-performance features and ease of breathing the Leg3nd MBS is the regulator for you.
Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps corrosive water out of the first stage inlet by automatically closing as the Legend is removed from the cylinder valve. This prevents internal lubrication from washing away. Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen. Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design results in superior performance at depth. 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports are angled for optimum hose routing. An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out. Available in DIN or Yoke connector. Compatible with up to 40% O2 right out of the box.
Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernising Aqua Lung's three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there is no moisture, there is no ice: The Leg3nd's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment.
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia/+70% vs Legend 2)
- The new over-molded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm. Ergonomically shaped yoke screw made of a bi-material soft grip surface provides a better hold when installing or removing the first stage especially with cold hands.
Pneumatically balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing. New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm. Radial openings to prevent free-flows when diving in strong currents. Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%. New over-molded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a soft touch effect.
Over-molded air purge. Wide surface area makes regulator purge easier. Purge depth controller optimises air flow with minimum effort. A venturi switch helps prevent free-flow at the surface and when the regulator is out of the diver's mouth. The opening effort is pre-set in a fixed position so the diver doesn't have to worry about adjusting the regulator during the dive.
Patented Comfobite mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably. Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste. The enlarged heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
The ergonomic exhaust tee channels the exhaust bubbles out of your field of vision. The design also contributes to a reduction in exhalation effort. Air Chamber deflector. Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase. Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort. Attached to a 73.7cm (29 inch) braided Aqua Flex hose. These hoses are lightweight and extremely pliable which eliminates any tugging on the mouthpiece and come with dual protectors. The regulator comes with an owner's manual.
Aqua Lung Leg3nd Elite Regulator Features
- For the Passionate, Explorers for Whom Diving is More-than-A-Sport-A-State-of-Mind
- Third Generation of Legend
- Most Advanced, Innovative and Ergonomic Generation of Regulators Ever Created
- Masterpieces of Engineering Mark Plunge into New Way of Discovering
- Ensures Highest Breathing Comfort Exploring in Cold-or-Warm Water
- Top-of-the-Line, Fully Adjustable Regulator
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece to Reduce Jaw Fatigue
- Great Cold Water Regulator
- Nitrox Ready Out-of-the-Box
- First Stage: Aqua Lung Leg3nd ACD: DIN or Yoke
- Compact Over-Balanced Diaphragm First Stage
- Chrome Plated Marine Grade Brass Construction
- Environmentally Sealed to Keep-Out Contaminates
- Delicate Internal Parts Not Exposed to Contaminants: Salt, Sand, Chlorine or Pool Acids
- Requires Less-Maintenance
- Secondary Environmental Diaphragm Membrane:
First Stage Completely-Sealed-Off
Dry Ambient Pressure Chamber
Second-Layer of Corrosion Resistance and Prevention of Freezing in Cold-Water-Use
- Auto-Closure Device (ACD):
Keeps Corrosive Water Out-of-First Stage Inlet
Ensures Top Performance
Added Protection when Rinsing and in Storage
First Stage Maintains Peak Performance Over-Time
Retains Internal Lubrication Longer
Safer for Nitrox Use
- Exceptional Cold-Water Performance
Deep Ribs Create Large Heat Exchange Surface Area
Over-Molded Cap Delays Ice Forming Over External Diaphragm
Shape: Less Brass Lighter Weight, More-Compact
- Four, 3/8-inch UNF LP Ports
- Two, 7/16-inch UNF HP Ports
- Ports Angled for Optimum Hose Configuration
- Ergonomically Shaped Yoke Screw:
Made of Bi-Material Soft Grip Surface
Provides a Better Hold when Installing or Removing First Stage
Especially with Cold Hands
- Second Stage: Aqua Lung Leg3nd:
- Pneumatically Balanced Design
- Delivers Gas at Constant Pressure
- Easy Work-of-Breathing
- Breathing Effortless Independent of Depth or Tank Pressure
- Venturi Switch:
Helps Prevent Free-Flow
Works at Surface and when Regulator is Out-of-Diver's Mouth
- Braided Aqua-Flex Hose:
Comfort and Excellent Pack-Ability
Mouthpiece and Hose Reduce Jaw Fatigue
Hose: 3/8-inch Threaded 73.7 cm (29 in) Braided Aqua-Flex
- New Front Cover Opening Channels:
Allow Water to Flow Sideways Over Diaphragm
Radial Openings Prevent Free-Flows In Strong Currents
Openings Widened, Reduce Peak Inspiratory Flow by Impressive 20%
- New Over-Molded Exhaust Cover Made of Elastomer w/Soft Touch Effect
- Over-Molded Air Purge:
Wide Surface Area Makes Regulator Purge Easier
Purge Depth Controller Optimizes Air Flow w/Minimum Effort
- Detachable and Reusable Mouthpiece Clamp:
Allows Quick and Simple Tool-Free Mouthpiece Change
No Plastic Waste
- Enlarged Heat Exchanger (patented):
Surrounds Valve Mechanism
Dissipates Cold Caused-by-Gas Expansion
Draws-In-Warmth of Ambient Water
- Ergonomic Exhaust Tee: Channels Exhaust Bubbles Out of Field of Vision
- Design Contributes to Reduction in Exhalation Effort
- Air Chamber Deflector:
Directs Air Flow Evenly During Inhalation Phase
Streamlined Bi-Material Deflector Lowers Exhalation Effort
- Owner's Manual
What's in the box:
- 1st Stage
- 2nd Stage
- Low-Pressure Hose
- Owner's Manual
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.