Virkon S Tablets are a US EPA registered, broad spectrum virucidal bactericidal fungicidal disinfectant, and one of only two products we trust to safely disinfect scuba gear without damaging it, the other being Steramine Quaternary Sanitizing Tablets. Virkon S has been fully tested by the Royal Australian Navy and is used extensively by them, but especially by the clearance divers.
Virkon S is the breakthrough disinfectant formulation that defines scuba biosecurity. With powerful, proven performance against over 500 strains of viruses, bacteria and fungi, Virkon S is selected by governments worldwide for Emergency Disease Control.
Sanitise your CCR rebreather loop, scuba second stage regulators, BCD mouthpieces and wings, plus other dive equipment with Virkon S from the LANXESS company. Virkon S sanitising solutions are non-irritating to the hands, non-corrosive to metals, non-staining, odourless and remain effective all day. Virkon S contains a surfactant and will clean and sanitize your gear in one step.
Leading the way forward in best practice biosecurity programmes, Virkon S provides a wide range of applications to dive operators, commercial livestock producers, veterinary hospitals and farmers.
The famous "pink powder formulation" offers the flexible, fast-acting, convenient, one-stop disinfection package for:
- Dive Equipment
- Aerial disinfection
- Water delivery systems
Virkon S Multi-Purpose Sanitiser Tablet Features
- Each pack has 50 by 5 gram tablets (makes 25 litres of 1:100 1% solution).
- For Routine day-to-day disinfection and Emergency Disease Control.
- US EPA Registered – Virkon S has a significant number of studies supporting approved US EPA master label claims against disease-causing organisms.
- Formulated Broad Spectrum Disinfectant – The broad spectrum efficacy of Virkon S has been proven effective against: 61 strains of virus, 33 strains of bacteria, and 6 strains of fungi.
- Versatility – Effective for scuba diving equipment, non-porous hard surfaces, agricultural production equipment, vehicles, wheels, boot disinfection and day-to-day farm disinfection.
- In-use diluted solution is non corrosive to skin and eyes.
Virkon S is Easy to Use
- Make up a 1 in 100 solution
- One 5g tablet in 500 ml spray bottle
- Spray or dip item to be disinfected .
- Leave 10 minutes
- Rinse off with water
See also, Virkon S Information Sheet (PDF, 2 pages, 383 KB),
Virkon S Against Coronaviruses (PDF, 1 page, 421 KB),
Virkon S Tablet Safety Data Sheet (PDF, 12 pages, 150 KB), and
Virkon S for the Australian Navy (PDF, 18 pages, 2 MB).