The Apeks XL4 Nitrox First and Second Regulator Set is the O2 clean version of the standard XL4 and has been specially prepared by Apeks for use with oxygen percentages between 21% and 100%.
Great for use on stage/pony cylinders for technical diving.
The Apeks XL4 is a compact, lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4 also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4 is a high-performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
The first stage uses a balanced diaphragm design with an environmental seal and is fitted with one high pressure and four low-pressure ports to offer flexible hose routing options for a variety of diving disciplines. The second stage is compact and light with a pneumatically balanced valve with a diver adjustable venturi lever. Both stages are finished with green trim to identify the regulators as dedicated nitrox.
Apeks Nitrox regulators are suitable for use with up to 100% O2 and are colour-coded for easy identification. The regulators have been specially cleaned and assembled in the Apeks purpose built class 'J' (10,000) Clean Room using oxygen safe components and lubricants.
Apeks XL4 Oxygen Regulator Set Features
- Apeks XL4 1st Stage
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Apeks XL4 2nd Stage
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Apeks XL4 Oxygen Regulator Set Specifications
- First Stage
- Connection: DIN
- Type of first stage: Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
- Body Type: One piece forged body
- Number of HP ports: 1 (7/16-inch UNF)
- Number of MP ports: 4 (3/8-inch UNF)
- Environmental Dry Kit: Standard
- First stage exterior: Satin
- Orientation: Convertible LH or RH
- Coldwater Use: Yes
- Second Stage
- Type of second stage: Pneumatically balanced
- Opening Effort Control Knob: No
- Integrated Venturi Lever: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Comfo-bite™
- Exhaust tee: Standard, one set
- Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance: Yes
- Hose type: Braided Flexi-hose
- Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores: Avg. 0.90 joules/liter
- Nitrox compatible: Yes
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.