Forum Upgrade - Uploads/Downloads

News, announcement and upcoming events or services from The S.C.U.B.A. Doctor.
lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Forum Upgrade - Uploads/Downloads

Postby lloyd_borrett » Sat, 21 Oct 2006 5:11 pm

An upgrade of the phpBB software used for the forums has been installed. Well that's the boring bit.

The interesting news is that now we're supporting uploads and downloads of files as attachments to forum posts. So that photo you took of a sea critter you can't recognise. Well now you can post it here for others to comment on.

Maybe you have a pic of something you'd like Peter 'The Doc' Fear take a look at. Well create a topic and attach the picture.

The other reason for the upgrade is that now we have tougher anti-spammer measures in place. Those scumbags can now run their bots creating unactivated usernames on the system as much as they like. But they won't be rewarded for it, as no-one will see their details anywhere on the forum.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Sun, 22 Oct 2006 9:05 am

excellent work Lloyd, thanks for the good work you are doing.
(also explains why i couldnt get on to the forum yesterday!!, i feared the worst and thought maybe they had got in and attacked!)

i want to be under the sea, i breath my air by the tank !.
so far 80+ dives and trying to get more every week or two.
lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.