TDI Adv EANx & Deco Proc - 9/10 and 16/17 June

Have a question about training? Post your questions here for other divers and instructors to help you on your path!
DAE avatar
Sealinator

TDI Adv EANx & Deco Proc - 9/10 and 16/17 June

Postby Sealinator » Thu, 10 May 2007 3:45 pm

Only a couple of spots left on this inaugural ScubaDoc course ! There will be others in the future, but not with Stu Cannon and me both instructing the same course.

Cost - $740 + Gas.

Deposits to Pete.

anyone with any questions, let me know. Closer to the date, will release the proposed dive schedule.

cheers
andy

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Sun, 20 May 2007 9:49 pm

Only two spots left on this course. Let me know if anyone is keen.

cheers

andy

cheers, Andy

chewy

Postby chewy » Mon, 21 May 2007 8:45 pm

Count me in (pending medical) - deposit in with Pete by Sat hopefully.

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Fri, 25 May 2007 5:00 pm

One spot left.
cheers
a

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 6:06 pm

well, the Adv EANx and Deco Proc course has only one dive left to complete....probably sat 14th July.

Sufficed to say, those who started the course have metamorphosed from ugly, limp-bag shooting, buoyancy-compromised same-ocean buddy divers into competent, confident individuals who can handle task loading and the complexities of decompression diving with ease.

The first weekend was a bit of a learning curve - for everyone involved. I gave a perfect demonstration of liftbag deployment and how to snap a valve off your manifold. Matt had a bit of an elevator ride on his first bag deployment, and Mark has learnt not to shoot a bag at 15msw using an 80m reel. Oh, and Chewy decided to bare his chest at 37msw in an effort to impress me (or it might be that i tore his zip off.....)

Its a credit to Matt, Pete and Mark that when they returned for more 'punishment' on the second weekend, their individual and team skills had improved beyond all recognition. I couldnt keep the smile off my face after the 26m sub ! When the inevitable equipment failures started to happen (and they did in spades), they followed the proper procedures and stuck to the run time.

Only one more dive to go fellas - and its the 'anything could happen' dive. After your dramatic improvement from the first weekend, I expect this last dive to be a doddle.

Once more - well done to the three of you !

cheers

andy

cheers, Andy

chewy

Postby chewy » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:11 am

Lucky I have hair on my chest and no Brazillian....that water was icy fresh as it flushed through my semi-dry doing valve shutdowns.

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 2:43 pm

last dive confirmed for the 14th of July. As soon as i have a divesite, I will let you all know, and get you to start planning it.

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 2:31 pm

Sat July 14th - 0930 - Coogee (33msw).

1. Best mix
2. MOD / EAD
3. Plan for 40msw dive for 10-15-20 mins

We will meet at the docs on the sat morning, at 0830. Let me know the mixes you want before hand, and they will be done on the friday evening. any q's, let me know.

remember - this is the one where 'anything goes' !

cheers
a

cheers, Andy

chewy

Postby chewy » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 3:15 pm

cool - thx Andy.