15th September - Diving

If you're planing a dive and would like some additional dive buddies, then let everyone know here. Likewise, if you're looking for someone to go diving with, check these topics, or ask away.
DAE avatar
neil_richardson
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:45 pm

15th September - Diving

Postby neil_richardson » Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:54 pm

Hi All,

Am planning a shore dive and then a dive vic dive on saturday. Haven't decided what as yet, and what time, but will be subject to interest shown.

So if interested, let me know asap.

Neil



DAE avatar
Sabre
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Sth Oakleigh

Postby Sabre » Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:57 am

Neil,

I'm interested!
Why not do the Dive Vic dive first then the shore dive later?
The Dive Vic dives are over by 1pm ish!

From Dive Vic these have interest for me...
15/09 Sat New Deep Bommie
Depth: 30m+ P @ 07:30am EBB Yes Deep (39m)

15/09 Sat Sanctum Reef
Depth: 24m+ P @ 10:15am SWE Yes AOW (30m)

15/09 Sat Corsair Rock
Depth: 4m+ P @ 10:15am SWE Yes AOW (30m)
<-- very keen on this one!


Regards,
Simon



DAE avatar
neil_richardson
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:45 pm

Postby neil_richardson » Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:09 pm

got a friend leading shore dives saturday morn, hence why i thought i might join them first and then go off and really enjoy myself after that... but am interested in Corsairs. i've yet to dive it, yet heard good things. So if your up for it????



DAE avatar
Sabre
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Sth Oakleigh

Postby Sabre » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:35 am

Neil,

There is no way that this dive will run on Saturday at that time given the current weather and the forecast! It'd be like a washing machine!

At this stage I am booked on with Andy for the Sat 15/9/2007 09:00 Rotamahana Wreck dive with OzDive Charters. At this stage there are not the numbers and I doubt it'll run due to the weather.

Whatever happens I'll get a dive somewhere on Saturday as I can't dive Sunday and I'm off to Thailand re work on Tuesday morning.
Let me check the currents etc. If you were interested I could show you Point Franklin :wink: as I don't think you've dived there?


Regards,
Simon



DAE avatar
neil_richardson
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:45 pm

Postby neil_richardson » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:26 am

Cool, that would seriously be good. I've got to speak to my friend who's organising the shore dives, and i'll take it from there. But yehh point Franklin sounds good.

ps, aint looked at the weather yet, whats it looking like??



DAE avatar
Sabre
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Sth Oakleigh

Postby Sabre » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 6:01 pm

Neil,

weather forecast is pretty crap for anything outside the heads until the afternoon... even then?

Re Point Franklin... optimum entry time would be 4pm re currents (end of flood then slack and start of ebb). Any earlier and you'd be flying along towards Sorrento! :shock:
This would clash with your 4pm BSAC committe meeting. We'd be at the docs around 5:30pm... a late note required for the BSAC club meeting! He he! :wink:

Other option is 11am, but this would be after ebb so viz not so good and diving on SW then flood. For your first time at PF this is the tougher/ scarier dive! Plus you'd have to exit on the beach East of the point and climb up the hill to the PF car park. I've done it but the drift dive from PF back to the pier is easier!

With the SW/ W winds forecast Blairgowrie should be diveable also!

Lets talk on Friday.

Andy - have you ever dived Point Franklin? :twisted:


Regards,
Simon



DAE avatar
Sealinator
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 5:56 pm
Location: Rosebud

Postby Sealinator » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 7:11 pm

think i will give PF a miss till its warm enough to go wetsuit.....

if the weather blows up sat morning and the dive doesnt run, off wetsuit shopping (need to retire my 6yr old oceanic at long last....more holes than swiss cheese).


cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sabre
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Sth Oakleigh

Postby Sabre » Thu, 13 Sep 2007 8:40 pm

Sealinator wrote:think i will give PF a miss till its warm enough to go wetsuit.....

if the weather blows up sat morning and the dive doesnt run, off wetsuit shopping (need to retire my 6yr old oceanic at long last....more holes than swiss cheese).


Andy,

The walk in a dry suit would be fun :twisted:

I can recommend the Scuba Pro Novia Scotia 6.5mm SD suit... frggin awesome! 8)

Looking forward to Gulf Of Thailand next weekend... 30 deg C water, no hood and just my old 3mm suit! :wink:


Regards,
Simon



DAE avatar
Sabre
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Sth Oakleigh

Postby Sabre » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 2:25 pm

Forecast (at ~12noon) is as follows...

Friday
Northwesterly winds at 20 to 25 knots shifting west to southwesterly at 20 to 30
knots during the afternoon and reaching 35 knots in the south. Waves 1 to 2
metres reaching 2.5 metres in the south during the afternoon.

Saturday
West to southwesterly winds of 15 to 20 knots easing to 10 to 15 knots in the
morning then to 10 knots or less in the afternoon with local seabreezes
developing. Wind tending northerly at 10 to 15 knots during the evening. Waves
around 1 metre abating to half a metre.

Bad for anywhere outside the heads on saturday morning but inside Port Phillip Bay (Rye - Portsea) or Flinders should be fine!

Any definite plans yet Neil & Co?

I have clearance (from the misses) for both an am & pm dive. 8)

Andy - I'm guessing at this stage Tom's 9:00am dive won't run?
Both due to numbers & weather perhaps?


Regards,
Simon



DAE avatar
Sealinator
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 5:56 pm
Location: Rosebud

Postby Sealinator » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 3:01 pm

probably - i will find out later this arvo / early evening, and give you a text with a go/no go. But my gut says it wont run.

bugger.


cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sabre
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Sth Oakleigh

Postby Sabre » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 4:32 pm

Hey check out the wind forecast.
Sunday night... wow. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Looking better for Saturday morning than previosuly forecast... but the swell may still be too much? Here's hoping!!


Regards,
Simon
Attachments
Wind Forecast.png
Check out this wind forecast!
Wind Forecast.png (16.3 KiB) Viewed 4506 times



DAE avatar
Sealinator
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 5:56 pm
Location: Rosebud

Postby Sealinator » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 4:40 pm

buoyweather.com seems to paint a bleaker picture.....
Attachments
ba4395397d910f3b119388809e6.png
ba4395397d910f3b119388809e6.png (17.78 KiB) Viewed 4505 times


cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sealinator
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 5:56 pm
Location: Rosebud

Postby Sealinator » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 7:28 pm

Its off - Tom is caning tomorrow mornings dive - not enough people, and crappy weather. Coogee on sunday looks like my only chance to get wet now

:(


cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sabre
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Sth Oakleigh

Postby Sabre » Fri, 14 Sep 2007 9:44 pm

No worries!
That's understandable!

Can't complain, last weeks conditions & dive were AWESOME!

Hope you get wet on Sunday!

I'll be trying for a shore dive tomorrow as I have family duties on Sunday!
See you at the meeting. I migh be a bit late if I do a Point Franklin drift at ~4pm!

Neil - see you at the Docs around 9am ish.
Dive Vic now have 4 dives still scheduled. Be interesting to seeif they run!
Message said spots left!

Maybe the J4 sub around 1pm?


Regards,
Simon




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest