Night Dive Portsea Pier Fri 30/3

If you're planing a dive and would like some additional dive buddies, then let everyone know here. Likewise, if you're looking for someone to go diving with, check these topics, or ask away.
Hev

Night Dive Portsea Pier Fri 30/3

Postby Hev » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 6:14 pm

Weather/conditions permitting, Hev and Chewy intend to dive Portsea Pier this Friday at ~8pm. Anybody else interested??

Please contact Chewy on xtrachewy@hotmail.com or 0407 050 858 if you would like to attend. Or just turn up at Portsea pier at 8pm with your dive gear.

DAE avatar
Dive in wine tanks

Postby Dive in wine tanks » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:37 pm

Hi Hev, Chewy. Sounds interesting, be good chance to catch up. Will do my best to make it, still waiting on my new torch?????

Somewhere wet is the only place to be

DIRdave

Postby DIRdave » Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:12 pm

I'll be there :D

Helium is our friend

chewy

Postby chewy » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:01 am

Earlier in the evening Dive in Wine Tanks did a reconnaissance of the piers: Portsea had big swells, Sorrento current was running fierce but it was decided to later try Rye which was just right ;-)

Dive in Wine Tanks, Hev and I did a shore entry/dive next to Rye pier in shallow water to avoid the long cold walk back along the pier and a fresh south wind.

Underwater was a google-zillion (new word!) bait fish - they conspired to anxiously zig-zag back and forth to confuse the divers as we swam through the mass - flashes of silver caught the light and it was thrilling to be surrounded by so much life.

The fish (fishes if you like...) ricochet off faces, body and in Hev's fine hair: wriggling desperately when caught to free themselves and giving poor Hev the creeps...after all when was the last time anything 'wriggled' in your hair ?!!

Plus a dead fish in long hair is considered a bit daggy these days....

There were sand octopi, small crabs desperately clamping for fish, a few rays, some seahorses - amazing life for ~2 metres of water.

Another enjoyable dive ;-)