Your Ideas Are Most Welcome

If you have suggestions for The Scuba Doctor about services, products, this web site, or whatever, please post them here.
scubadoc

Your Ideas Are Most Welcome

Postby scubadoc » Tue, 16 May 2006 9:38 am

We're excited about lots of new changes we have in the works for our new web site. Keep your eyes and ears open for those, although they will be hard to miss when they hit. But once this basic revamp of our web pressence has been completed the door will be open for any neat ideas you may come up with.

Those of you visiting the store may have already noticed some changes there as well. Again, we have even more exciting developments planned.

The point of this forum is for you to list off any desired features for the store, our service offerings, our product offerings and our web site that you would like to see. It doesn't matter how minor or major the request, if you have an idea you want to see us roll out, please let us know.

Peter Fear - Scuba Doctor Service & Repairs
scubadoc@scubadoctor.com.au
www.scubadoctor.com.au

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Tue, 10 Oct 2006 1:03 pm

i once said to Tony "we should tell the Doc to get a coffee machine!! he has the coldies, soft drink and an urn, but how about cappucino, latte, mocha or short blacks??" he told me not to as we would then have ALL the divers coming there and staying all day instead of diving!!! :lol: :lol:
honestly though it is very relaxing and comfy at the Doc's shop, the lounges are a good touch - makes you feel welcome, drop in for a fill and have a bit of a chat about what you have dived or where you are going.

i want to be under the sea, i breath my air by the tank !.
so far 80+ dives and trying to get more every week or two.
lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Fri, 20 Oct 2006 5:56 pm

i noticed on another dive forum site (diveoz - this can be removed if you want Doc :lol:) that a sydney based dive shop has installed a coffee machine! maybe they read my idea here and want to keep their divers out of their waters ?? hahahahaha :roll: :lol:

i want to be under the sea, i breath my air by the tank !.

so far 80+ dives and trying to get more every week or two.

lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.

chewy

Postby chewy » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 5:52 pm

I think Andy has 'installed' a french press (e.g. Bodum) coffee plunger....byo roasted grounds....

DAE avatar
neil_richardson

Postby neil_richardson » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 6:47 pm

hey, what about a cream cake stand as well?? but honestly, perhaps a slightly bigger coffee table wouldn't be a bad idea?!?! its getting crowded in there these days...

DAE avatar
packo
Forum Moderator

Re: Your Ideas Are Most Welcome

Postby packo » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:10 am

Hello Scubadoc,

I can't get the BBcode for superscripts ([sup]text[/sup]) or subscripts ([sub]text[/sub]) to work in this forum. I've searched trough the web on this issue but it all makes my head spin!

I think there is a suggestion it got broken somewhere between phpBB 3.10 and 3.1.x. There seems to be some commentary about how to fix it with new customised definitions of the HTML replacement code in some *.css file???

Its all way above my pay grade and understanding. Is there any chance but you guys can sort it out?

thanks,
packo

lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Re:

Postby lloyd_borrett » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 3:22 pm

neilegend wrote:i once said to Tony "we should tell the Doc to get a coffee machine!! he has the coldies, soft drink and an urn, but how about cappucino, latte, mocha or short blacks??

We we put in a coffee machine many years back. Actually we're on our second one.

lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Postby lloyd_borrett » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 3:31 pm

packo wrote:I can't get the BBcode for superscripts ([sup]text[/sup]) or subscripts ([sub]text[/sub]) to work in this forum. I've searched trough the web on this issue but it all makes my head spin!

It seems some of the old bbcodes went missing in one of the updates. Are there any others that you're missing? Then we can see what can be done about getting them added back in.

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.

DAE avatar
packo
Forum Moderator

Postby packo » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 9:11 pm

Lloyd wrote:
It seems some of the old bbcodes went missing in one of the updates. Are there any others that you're missing? Then we can see what can be done about getting them added back in.

The superscript/subscript ones are the only two that seem to be missing - and the "web chatter" seems to focus on those are being most missed ones. There are some slight format differences to bbcode compared to dive-oz, but these seem more sensible and the forum code itself seems to deliver a much better system (IMHO).

A lot of the supports stuff seems to concentrate on implementing customised BBcodes to do some pretty fancy things - you may have already used these to deal with video playing etc. However there was some discussion about the HTML replacement code for the sup/sub BBcode tags not working unless "span" was right? That discussion would probably make a whole lot more sense than it did to me!

Oh - just one final one! I did see a customisation mentioned to the phpBB [url] to get it to open the link in a new browser window (like dive-Oz did) instead of opening the link up in the current window. I think the new window option is slightly better (for me). I would be interested in that one too if there was any chance to make both options available.

thanks,
packo

lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Postby lloyd_borrett » Thu, 29 Mar 2018 8:42 am

G'day Packo,

sup and sub bbcodes are now working.

External links now open in a new window by default. This is now a user configurable system option in user settings. It's not a setting that you can control when posting.

You'll note that I edited your previous post to use the quote bbcode to replace the unreadable light coloured text. It was a quote and using quotes is the way to do it so that it looks best.

Putting videos into posts doesn't use bbcodes. You just put in the URL to the video and the system does the rest.

You've now also been properly setup as a moderator. For some reason that whole process is now very complicated and I missed some steps.

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.