Disclaimer

Packo's prediction for the slack water times at Port Phillip Heads.

Moderator: packo

lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Disclaimer

Postby lloyd_borrett » Sat, 17 Mar 2018 8:53 am

The Scuba Doctor makes no representation and gives no warranty of any kind whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise in respect to the availability, accuracy, currency, completeness, quality or reliability of the information in this forum or that the information will be fit for any particular purpose or will not infringe any third party Intellectual Property rights; and the Scuba Doctor's liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from use of, or reliance on, the information is entirely excluded.

Please also see Diving in Melbourne Currents, a Guide to diving safely in Melbourne's strong currents.

DAE avatar
packo
Forum Moderator

Re: Disclaimer

Postby packo » Sat, 24 Mar 2018 1:12 pm

Hello, it is "Packo" here. I am a long time diver around the southern end of the Bay but also getting a bit long in the tooth!

In the soon to be closed dive-Oz forum, I used to go on (and on!) about "Tide Issues" around Port Phillip Bay where safety might be improved. Some of these rants were directed at this website because of a strong disagreement over some timing issues.

With the looming closure of the whole dive-Oz operation, Lloyd has graciously stepped in and resurrected the old "Scuba Doctor Website Forums" to provide a substitute communications space for scuba divers who tend to like forums rather than social media platforms. Lets try an keep it active enough so he won't live to regret that decision!

Even more graciously, Lloyd has also provided a sort of "Packo Tides" sandbox for me to play around in, even though he often disagrees with things I say! (see above disclaimer post).

I do appreciate that opportunity and thank him for being a big man on this issue. It would have been so easy to lock me out of this forum so allowing me on board is much appreciated.:)

While he could at any future time turf me off this forum and delete all my posts, provided I keep a civil tongue in my head and back all contentious claims with some sort of evidence, I think this is unlikely. So I will continue to call out misinformation where I see it, knowing that Lloyd seems willing to take it on the chin in the interests of diving. One day we may even reach agreement!

I have attempted to further divide the general "Port Phillip Heads Slack Water- Packo Predictions" area into several sub-topics as follows:-

The Packo Slack Water Tables: Please keep this "read only" and don't post replies here as that may prevent me from doing table updates.

How the Weather Affects Tides and Streams: A long post will appear soon about how Mother Nature tries to mess things up!
This post went up on 27/03/2018.

Understanding Tides and Streams in the Bay: Some posts will appear here soon trying to explain why confusion exists.
This post went up on 25/05/2018.

Tide Questions or Arguments: This is for posting Questions or Counter Arguments regarding Bay Tides.
As of 03/03/2020: Two interesting tide questions from member "newman" posted so far, with some long replies from me.

cheers,
packo