Melbourne Dive Maps Database

Keep up-to-date about what's happening with the Scuba Doctor's Melbourne and Victorian dive maps and dive site information.
lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Re: Melbourne Dive Maps Database

Postby lloyd_borrett » Fri, 26 Feb 2021 9:26 pm

G'day,

I've commissioned some changes to the dive sites database code. Hopefully, they may be in action as soon as next week. We'll see.

Some are changes to make it easier for me to maintain the database.

One change will be to enhance the Melbourne Dive Sites Map page at https://www.scubadoctor.com.au/melbourn ... es-map.htm
Currently, you can select which sites are shown based on the "Dive Type" and "Access Type". The plan is to add in selection by "Legend Type". That's things like Open Water, Inside Port Phillip, Snorkelling, Spearfishing, etc. It's another way to make it easier to find related dive sites.

I'm also hoping we'll be able to add the ability to search on the titles of the dive sites in the database. This should make it easier to find dive sites.

Adding a site specific map to each dive site page is another enhancement I'm trying for. Currently, you can click on the "Google Map" link to get a map of the location. But this map doesn't show you the other dive sites nearby. We're looking for a way to fix that.

If there are changes you'd like to see, please let me know.

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.