Victorian Sub-Aqua Group web site

A friendly place for promoting and discussing the activities of all independent dive clubs.

Moderator: Clubdiver

lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Victorian Sub-Aqua Group web site

Postby lloyd_borrett » Thu, 30 Nov 2006 2:02 pm

G'day,

I've been enjoying some great dives of late from private boats as a result of recently joining the Victorian Sub-Aqua Group. (Australia's oldest non-commercial dive club.)

It was only natural that I'd want to setup a useful web site for VSAG. While still very much a "work in progress", the web site is now online at http://www.vsag.org.au.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Sat, 02 Dec 2006 4:49 pm

having a look right now, looks good Lloyd.

i want to be under the sea, i breath my air by the tank !.
so far 80+ dives and trying to get more every week or two.
lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.

DAE avatar
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Wed, 27 Dec 2006 3:48 pm

G'day Lloyd,

I've spoken to you a couple of times via email re Blairgowrie Breakwater etc.

Interested to hear about the VSAG.
I'm looking for a good independant dive club to join in melbourne. I'm a member of one in tasmania TSDC which is excellent.
Been looking for something similar in Melbourne.

Basically I want a club where I can do some interesting regular dives.
Happy to help re boat fuel costs, cleaning boat after dives etc.
Sick of crappy commercial boat dives :evil: with newbie buddies, dives cut short, high $ etc. Have mainly been shore diving in Victoria this last year due to some of my experiences. Most of these shore dives have actually been better than the boat dives I've done in Victoria!! 8)

VSAG website looks good, I understand work in progress but hard to find info re joining etc.

Any info about VSAG much appreciated.

Have been using the Scuba Dr's services these last few months. Very happy to have found a reliable place to get gear serviced and decent reasonably priced air fills!

Best Regards,
simon

lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Postby lloyd_borrett » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 6:48 am

G'day Simon,

I still haven't been provided with the "official" membership details by the VSAG committee to put on the VSAG web site. Hence the lack of membership forms etc.

I did post some information about my VSAG experience here which will probably answer most of your questions.

If you need more information, give Alan Storen or John Lawler a call (see VSAG committee page). Mention my name and be sure to complain that the information you need isn't available online.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.