Shore Dives of Victoria

This forum is for the discussion of dive sites around Australia and overseas, including normal, wreck and cave.
lloyd_borrett
Site Admin

Shore Dives of Victoria

Postby lloyd_borrett » Tue, 07 Nov 2006 8:00 pm

G'day,

Back on Tuesday 31 Oct 2006, I rocked up early for a night shore dive from Fisherman's Beach boat ramp out on to Point Linley Reef. Got chatting to a guy who had just been in for a few hours of spear fishing.

He started talking about some of the better shore sites he visits regularly around the bay and showed me a his copy of the book, "Shore Dives of Victoria" by Ian Lewis.
He mentioned Terry at Paradise Divers in Dandenong had copies, so I purchased one the next day.

It is an excellent, though a little dated, reference. It certainly is a good read, and it is very informative about the dive sites. I now know a lot more about some of the shore sites I've already been to by reading this book.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Wed, 08 Nov 2006 5:01 pm

a handy little book - i have seen it but do not have one yet.
as for point linley , yeah not bad out there, rather relaxing and easy to spend an hour or more under water just leisurely finning around.

i want to be under the sea, i breath my air by the tank !.
so far 80+ dives and trying to get more every week or two.
lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.