SDI Deep Diver Course May 12th/13th

Have a question about training? Post your questions here for other divers and instructors to help you on your path!
DAE avatar
Sealinator

SDI Deep Diver Course May 12th/13th

Postby Sealinator » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 8:15 pm

Hi all, just to let you know it looks like i might be running a Deep Diver course on the weekend of 12th/13th May. Neilegend has expressed an interest, and there is one other person who might be up for it (i need a minimum 2 people).

That leaves 2 spots - so if anyone wants to get their deep cert done, shout out now. I hasten to add, these dates are PROVISIONAL, but should be firmed up towards the end of next week (assuming I get enough interest).

cheers
andy
Last edited by Sealinator on Wed, 02 May 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 8:35 pm

yes i have :D and even if my boss doesnt want me to have a weekend of annual leave off after having had a 3 week holiday (first ann leave in 19 months) tough to him , as i will go leave without pay if need be!
i hope Edwin is the 2nd person interested? i am willing to wait for a w/end he is free if you like, as i work every w/end and need to take the time off of work, i know Dive in WineTanks gets some w/ends off. so when you have some one say i can do "this" w/end, then i will take that time off to join in.
thanks for your prompt reply to my request :D:D

i want to be under the sea, i breath my air by the tank !.
so far 80+ dives and trying to get more every week or two.
lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:01 am

it wasnt Eddie, but if he is up for it ask him to give me a shout and we can organise a suitable time. There may be a SMALL chance that i can get the course to run during the week, if i can get 4 people on the course (charter skipper needs minimum 5 bodies to run the boat) if that makes things easier.

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Dive in wine tanks

Postby Dive in wine tanks » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 3:55 pm

Hi guys, sorry cant afford deep, trying to save for cavern/sinkhole.

Somewhere wet is the only place to be

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 1:53 pm

Righty ho - i have to contact a guy called Simon on monday, to check his availability for the weekend of 12th/13th May for this deep course.

Assuming he is still up for it, the course WILL GO AHEAD. I will post confirmation tomorrow.

so, if anyone else is up for it, there are x2 spots left. Wont be one run for a couple of months after this, as i am chockablock with Adv EANx + Deco proc requests.

cheers

andy

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Mon, 30 Apr 2007 5:46 pm

Course will be going ahead on the weekend of 12/13 may. Theory (ideally) friday evening, x2 dives sat (prob Coogee and the Links), x2 dives sunday (Rota at 0700 and maybe the courier or J1 about 11).

x2 spots left on the course, so first in best dressed (or whatever the hell that saying is).

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
neilegend

theory!

Postby neilegend » Tue, 01 May 2007 11:50 am

hmmm, i am taking the sturday and sunday off and i believe it will be without pay as my boss isnt keen on me having annual leave (and they also expect 4 weeks notice for annual leave - but i say "unavailable,time off, no pay" and they can accept that!) the theory before the friday night? maybe have the books left at the docs for me to pick up and work through, (i need to get an airfill so would have to go there anyway) then return it to be checked off at a time before doing the dives?

lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Wed, 02 May 2007 5:30 pm

OK suggested dives for the course:

Sat 0800 - Lonsdale Wall (to about 30m)
1200 - J4 26 Sub

Sun 0700 - Rotomahana (39m)
11.30 - Coogee (33m)

Need to get tom to change a couple of his dives, but that shouldnt be a problem.

The manuals will be available for pickup prob monday from Scubadocs.

any q's let me know.

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Thu, 03 May 2007 2:33 pm

my only question is : on the saturday we jump in on the J4 about 12, do you think i would be able to get back to Langwarrin about 5- 5.30pm?
if so i dont need to take time off work :D as i start at Cranbourne at 1815hours. sunday is a late start so no problems with it at all. only thing is i cant take friday night off for theory night though :( :( :cry: so will work through manuals and then hopefully get it all checked before sat morning dives :?:
i guess we pay when we get the manuals? no worries with that - is it still $390 for course as per last thread on deep course?
im looking forward to it, wife isnt though - as she pointed out the 13th was mothers day! i told her but we picked out your present and i have already bought it!! lol :lol:

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Thu, 03 May 2007 3:01 pm

hi neil,

No problems getting you back for 5-5.30. We can even change the 12noon dive to 10, and do the coogee if it gets you back earlier. It'll be back to back dives, but that shouldnt be a problem with NDL's.

Ordered the books from SDI yesterday - should arrive at my house in the next day or so. Can drop them off at Petes, or mail them to you ? Just p.m me your addy.

Course costs - if you are only OW qualified, its $500. If you are AOW its $390. The price difference reflects an additional x2 dives if you are going straight from Open Water to Deep Diver. Just give Pete a call next week when he is back off hols, and sort out the payment with him prior to the course commencing.

Still a heap cheaper than PADI AOW + Deep !

any dramas, let me know.

cheers, Andy

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Thu, 03 May 2007 4:50 pm

yeah i just saw that (cost) when checking out the dive shop of the docs :D as i also need to buy reel and smb (sausage) for this {shore dives i dont need one, but out there in the deep a must!}
no need to change the dives, want to do the sub as well as coogee :D
yes i am going from OW{padi} to the deep so 4 dives and $500.00 . still looking forward to it :D

DAE avatar
Dive in wine tanks

Postby Dive in wine tanks » Thu, 03 May 2007 10:13 pm

Good luck & go for it Neil .

Somewhere wet is the only place to be

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Tue, 08 May 2007 2:48 pm

was at the doc's Monday and have paid up for this, cant wait for the week end.

DAE avatar
Sealinator

Postby Sealinator » Tue, 08 May 2007 5:39 pm

sweet - stuff being mailed to you express today, should arrive tomorrow. read the letter carefully, as there are a few tasks you need to complete prior to the first dive.

any dramas, give me a call

cheers, Andy