Blairgowrie Pier

This forum is for the discussion of dive sites around Australia and overseas, including normal, wreck and cave.
DAE avatar
neilegend

Blairgowrie Pier

Postby neilegend » Wed, 22 Nov 2006 5:16 pm

many of us have dived this site, i dived it at the tail end of the march of the crabs and their mating season and thought "hmm yeah okay, nice easy but not deep, done it and not in a hurry to get in here again" .
but i did it with Tony (G2GW) on sunday afternoon with Adrian and his wife Maureen, and found it to be an excellent dive with about 6 - 7 different nudis and a tassled angler fish (freaky looking thing that it is!!). a fair bit to see here, i enjoyed it more this time around as i am more experienced and not looking for the "big WOW" factor but can see smaller items and be amazed by the diversity to be found in this site.
So as a dive site i highly recommend it (as most of you do) and would happily go again.
Last edited by neilegend on Thu, 14 Dec 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i want to be under the sea, i breath my air by the tank !.
so far 80+ dives and trying to get more every week or two.
lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.

chewy

Postby chewy » Thu, 23 Nov 2006 2:49 pm

Hi Neil,

Hope you're still not wearing that green towel....I don't think it was very fetching....perhaps it's the colour.

Blairgowrie is awesome at night - the structure and access is excellent and the growth on the structure is impressive at night, the nudies are often unusually large at Blairgowrie, and the pier has the added distinction of often being sheltered.

Mornington is awesome if the water is clear/clean....it's my favourite pier.

DAE avatar
neilegend

Postby neilegend » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 4:48 pm

chewy wrote:Hi Neil, Hope you're still not wearing that green towel....I don't think it was very fetching....perhaps it's the colour....

i know what it was!! i was wearing a blue jumper with it, and the say blue and green should never be seen unless there's something inbetween! that may have been the problem the colour clash!!
what a fashion faux pas on my account!

lets face it the bay is the best dive site until, now, brumby buggers it up! NO to dredging! no matter which person leads the State.

DAE avatar
Dive in wine tanks

Postby Dive in wine tanks » Fri, 24 Nov 2006 8:22 pm

Giday you lot, Neil how could you say not in hurry to get back to Blairgowrie, equal top 3 rating Mornington, Blairgowrie & Sorrento (after hours) I actualy prefer the later Two. PS can you makeit to RYE pier Monday night you to Chewy. Havent got together for a while??????????????

Somewhere wet is the only place to be

chewy

Postby chewy » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 6:21 pm

Dive in Wine Tanks, Neil,

Cannot do Monday night b/c of work - will probably call Tony about diving this Sunday 26th Nov, then afternoon drinks at the Docs....love to sleep on the couch ;-)

DAE avatar
Dive in wine tanks

Postby Dive in wine tanks » Sat, 25 Nov 2006 7:29 pm

Chewy u ned bed Sunday night???????????????

Somewhere wet is the only place to be

chewy

Postby chewy » Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:47 am

FYI - got to bed at 2am after washing gear from Mornington dive.....I took my time (soaking, rinsing, inverting to try etc).

I rarely like sleeping down the peninsula....prefer to wash my gear before the boots start to smell like slimy sock cheese......

DAE avatar
neilegend

another dive here monday 18th december

Postby neilegend » Sat, 16 Dec 2006 5:13 pm

G2GW, Mel.B. (diveoz) and myself are going to dive here on monday morning, meeting in the top carpark for 11:30 am , anyone interested in joining us feel free to come along.
as i said before, last dive i really enjoyed here and AM going back for another look (lets see if we can do more than 1.5 hours Tony?)