TDI - Advanced Nitrox Diver Course
This is the second course in the series of recreational technical diving. The course examines the use of EAN 21 through 100% (Oxygen) for optimal mixes to a depth of 40msw.
The object of this course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures for utilising EAN 21 through 100% (Oxygen) for dives not requiring staged decompression. In addition the course will show you why cleaning and modification to equipment is required for use in conjunction with EAN beyond 40%.
There are two direct applications of the Advanced Nitrox course:
- With hyperoxic breathing mixes you may increase bottom time at moderate diving depths.
- This course will prepare you to properly use decompression Nitrox mixes over 40% for safety stops and decompression .
Finally, this course will reinforce the necessary cautions and rules about Nitrox diving in the usual TDI "no nonsense" fashion. At the conclusion of the course you will be able to use all Nitrox mixtures from air to Oxygen. You will know the necessary equipment changes and have complete information about the physics and physiology to properly utilise alternative breathing mixtures for dives not requiring staged decompression.
This course is well suited to be undertaken in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures course.
What do I need to start?
- Have a minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver (or equivalent).
- Show proof of twenty-five (25) logged open water dives.
- Be a minimum age of fifteen (15).
- If this course is taught in conjunction with the TDI Decompression Procedures Course, then the minimum age is eighteen (18).
Graduates would be qualified to enroll in:
- TDI Decompression Procedures Course
- TDI Extended Range Course