Dive Australia: A Handbook for Scuba Divers
by Peter Stone.
Dive Australia is a remarkable hardcover book of over a thousand pages where you will find:
- 553 mono photographs
- 58 colour photographs over 16 pages
- 60 maps, and over half a million words
- state by state descriptions of over 2000 dive sites including shipwrecks, marine life and general terrain, including the type of diving available, be it from shore, boat or off (and under) a jetty, and any concerns that the diver need be aware
- Dive shop and charter boat services
- A 'hundred and one' questions that you have been afraid to ask!
- A description of our coastal environment and management
- The legalities of diving and dive training, boat regulations and marine parks
- The Great Barrier Reef, its natural history, marine life, management, and future
- The many islands under Australian administration are covered in detail
- Bass Strait gets a chapter of its own because of the unique quality of its diving
- Historic shipwrecks - over five hundred are listed in some detail
- Diver associations and specialty services
- Government departments and relevant semi-government instrumentalities
- Travel guide - how to visit and 'dive Australia'
- Alphabet soup and terminology
- Emergency contacts and hyperbaric chambers
- A comprehensive reading list and web site references
- Oversea travel to the Pacific and other near locations
- Specialty diving - how to further your interests
- ISBN: 9780958665797
Be amongst one of the first divers to receive a copy of this fabulous 'divers bible'.