The Cressi Leonardo is a complete RGBM Dive Computer that offers all the functions recreational divers need in a sharp-looking package. It is the first computer completely manufactured by Cressi. This sleek wristwatch-style dive computer is a single-gas unit, has a user-changeable battery and is Nitrox capable to 50 per cent. The large, single-button lets divers access all, easy-to-read screens. And, with no wet contacts used on the unit, the Leonardo stays free of rust.
The most reliable wrist dive computer on the market today.
Scuba Diving ScubaLab Best Buy 2014
CRESSI LEONARDO - You might not expect a one-gas computer with basic features to distinguish itself in a shootout with feature-rich models costing several times as much. But test divers found that the Leonardo delivers on its promise of easy-to-use fundamentals aimed at new divers, or those who "just want to dive" — and it does so at a very reasonable price. The Leonardo was our Best Buy in its category.
You won’t find any colour LED display here, or air integration, or four-gas switching. So what do you get with the Cressi Leonardo? As it turns out, exactly what it promises: a simple design aimed at new recreational divers. The nearly 50 mm (2 inch) widescreen has an uncluttered display that’s easy to read, with large characters and no head-scratching abbreviations. The dive screen displays current depth, NDL, max depth, dive time, battery level and temperature, while the alternate shows gas mix, PO2 setting and conservatism factor.
There are audible and screen warnings for deep and safety stops (although no safety-stop timer) and for approaching deco. An ascent-rate indicator uses an ascending stack of arrows to get the point across, and there are an oxygen-toxicity bar graph and alarm.
The one-button menu navigation is simple — press to toggle or advance; hold to enter menus or select. Since it moves in only one direction, you sometimes have to do a fair bit of pressing, but even the newest diver won’t get lost in the menu. You can program nitrox up to 50 per cent, PO2 from 1.2 to 1.6, altitude, and three levels of conservatism.
The Cressi Leonardo delivers what it promises at a modest price for new divers or those who want simplicity. The Cressi Leonardo Wrist Dive Computer is our Best Buy in this category.
Cressi Leonardo Dive Computer Key Features:
- Air, Nitrox and Gauge modes
- Nitrox mix up to 50%
- Large display with backlight
- Deep stops and multi-day RGBM algorithm
- User replaceable battery
- Two year warranty
An elegant expression of simple, functional design, in a range of colours, the Cressi Leonardo dive computer is a must-have for divers entering the sport and those who 'just want to dive.'
A single button interface makes the Cressi Leonardo dive computer effortless to program Air and Nitrox modes. It allows you to use one programmable gas mix up to 50% oxygen, offers a 60-dive logbook and a user-selectable deep-stop function. Three levels of conservatism are available to build in safety.
The new RGBM algorithm, developed in a collaboration between Cressi and Bruce Wienke, is ideal for repetitive multi-day diving. It provides the option to make a nitrox dive after an air dive, even while desaturating.
The high definition, sectionalised screen with large, bold digits is easy to read. This 135 g dive computer is compact and travel-friendly. The clearly visible battery life indicator and distinct audible alarms deliver critical information, as well as peace-of-mind during the dive.
The Leonardo can also be fully re-set after each use, making it an excellent choice for rental departments.
How to use the Cressi Leonardo Dive Computer
Cressi Leonardo dive computer - Overview
Cressi Leonardo dive computer - Settings
Cressi Leonardo dive computer - A Normal Dive
Cressi Leonardo Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer Features
- "Dive" program: Full processing of dive data, even with decompression (if any), for any air or hyper-oxygenated mixture (Nitrox) dive.
- FO2 (percentage of the oxygen) adjustable between 21% and 50%.
- PO2 (partial oxygen pressure) adjustable between 1.2 bar and 1.6 bar.
- CNS oxygen toxicity graphic indicator.
- A Nitrox dive may be carried out after an air dive (even with desaturation in progress).
- Possibility of Deco (decompressive computations) or Gauge program setting (depth gauge and timer).
- Deep Stop can be enabled or disabled.
- Large display with "PCD System" for perfect understanding and readability of values.
- Replaceable display protective cover.
- Battery life indicator.
- Battery replacement can be carried out by the user.
- Planning: Scrolling of the safety curve.
- Easy unit of measure change from the metric system (meters and °C), to the imperial system (ft- °F) by the user.
- Ascent rate alarm (10 m per minute).
- Distinct, easy-to-hear audible alarms.
- Clear, easy-to-see visual alarms.
- Backlit display.
- Built-in calendar and clock.
- Logbook (70 hours or 60 dives) including dive profile.
- Dive history.
- The instrument may be fully reset, in case of renting.
- PC/Mac interface with simulator and dive profile (optional)
- Owners Manual as PDF on CD-ROM
- Made in Italy
Cressi Leonardo Dive Computer Technical Specification
- Single button interface (short push changes function, longer push selects functions).
- Algorithm: CRESSI RGBM Modified Haldene and Wienke algorithm. Three levels of user-adjustable conservatism.
- Sample tissues:
- 9 with saturation hemi-phases between 2.5 and 480 minutes.
- Dimensions and weight:
- Diameter: 67 mm.
- Height: 27 mm.
- Weight: 135 gm.
- Depth sensor:
- Sea water setting (fresh water depths are about 3% lower).
- Measuring field: 0-393 ft., measured every second.
- GAGE function measuring field: 0-393 ft. Precision: +/- 1% (T 20°C - 68 F).
- Reading resolution: 10 cm (0 to 100 m) / 1 m (100 to 120 m) / 1 ft (0 to 316 ft).
- Dive time: 0 to 255 minutes.
- Data acquisition frequency: 20 sec.
- Resolution: 1 °F.
- Measuring field: 23 °F + 104 °F.
- Precision: +/- 35.6 °F/10min change °T.
- WATCH: Precision: +/- 50 seconds month average 24 hours display.
- BATTERY:CR 2430 - 3V battery. 2 years average life (by 50 yearly dives).
- PC LINK FUNCTION - PC/Mac interface with simulator and dive profile
Black/Black, Black/Grey, Black/Blue, Black/Pink, White/Black, Black/Yellow
Please Note: We try to keep all colours in stock. Should you have a time restraint on delivery, please specify an alternate colour in the comments on checkout. Of course, you can phone or email the dive shop prior to placing your order to check availability. If your colour option is not in stock there will be an approximate 14 to 21 day turn around to get them from Cressi in Italy.
Two Year Guarantee
Cressi guarantees the performance and quality of its products. On Cressi dive computers purchased in Australia, the warranty is two (2) years from the date of customer purchase.
Download/read the Cressi Leonardo Guide (PDF)