The Dive Alert Plus v.2 Surface/Subsurface Signalling Device provides reliable 'sound insurance' at a low price. The Dive Alert Plus is pneumatically powered — it uses a small measure of air from your scuba tank to create an incredibly loud shriek designed to cut across long distances.
Not only does this alert passing vessels and people to your presence, but it can also be used to draw attention to yourself during an emergency scenario. During tests and in the field, the sound of a DiveAlert has been known to travel well over a mile (1.6 km).
Traditional methods of dive visibility and safety involve flags and markers, neither of which are going to help in a low visibility environment. Fog, rain, and darkness all render flags useless, which can put a diver in a dangerous situation. The blast from a DiveAlert doesn't change in any of those situations — still loud, still piercing, and still safe.
DiveAlert also works as an underwater noisemaker, doubling as a signal device to a dive buddy.
The DiveAlert is available in multiple BC styles, designed to fit standard power inflators and breathable type inflators. The DiveAlert is compatible with the most popular BC manufacturers out there, including but certainly not limited to Aeris, Oceanic, Mares, Zeagle, Aqualung, Seaquest, Apeks, Beuchat, Sherwood, TUSA, DiveRite, H2Odyssey, Atomic, ScubaPro, and more.
Simple to install, the DiveAlert requires no modification of existing equipment, and also doesn't interfere with your gear's normal functions. Easy to operate, the DiveAlert works with just a squeeze. DiveAlert keeps you safe with sound.
Dive Alert Plus v.2 Surface/Subsurface Signalling Device Features
- Surface and Underwater Signaling Device
- Signal with a Touch of a Button
- Extremely Load (132db) On Surface
- On the surface a blast of sound that can be heard up to 1.6 km (1 mile) away
- Great for getting your buddy's attention underwater
- Attaches between the power inflator and LP hose
- Installation is easy and takes only a moment
- Specially designed, small, lightweight air horn
- Works with As Little As 6.9 bars (100psi)
- Uses a small amount of air from your SCUBA tank to make a piercingly loud sound
Why Use DiveAlert PLUS?
What would you do in a diving emergency if you needed to get the attention of someone else? Above or below the water's surface!
Traditionally, SCUBA divers have relied on whistles as their only audible surface signaling device. But, if a diver is disabled and can't blow into the whistle, the whistle makes no sound at all. Equally frustrating and dangerous, if a diver needs to attract the attention of someone who is too far away to hear the whistle, the whistle is of no help.
Or, what would you do if you wanted the attention of your dive buddy underwater, for whatever reason, and he was simply distracted and not paying attention to you at that very moment? Traditionally, you would be forced to swim up to him or her until you got their attention.
Instead, using the DiveAlert PLUS a diver on the surface can sound a horn blast that can be heard up to a mile away! Or, DiveAlert PLUS can signal a dive buddy underwater!
DiveAlert PLUS is a small and lightweight pneumatic signaling device that harnesses the power of compressed air in your scuba tank to produce a distinctive sound both above and below the surface. Using quick-connect/disconnect couplings, DiveAlert PLUS becomes an integrated part of the power inflator on your BCD.
DiveAlert PLUS does not require any modification of your other equipment, and it does not interfere in any way with the normal operation of your other equipment.
When you need to get someone's attention while on the surface, you simply squeeze DiveAlert PLUS and it diverts a small amount of air from your scuba tank to make a powerful and piercing sound. Or, when you are underwater and want to attract attention, squeeze DiveAlert PLUS and it diverts a small amount of air from your scuba tank to make a buzzing noise to alert your dive buddy.
Details on using DiveAlert PLUS
INSTALLATION — DiveAlert PLUS connects between the power inflator and the low-pressure hose by means of its quick-connect/disconnect hose fittings.
OPERATION — Once the tank is turned on and the DiveAlert PLUS connected, squeeze DiveAlert PLUS a little underwater for a subsurface signal or squeeze it a little harder on the surface for a loud surface signal blast.
Just make sure that before every dive you check that DiveAlert PLUS is installed correctly and functioning properly. Also be careful not to point DiveAlert PLUS toward yourself or toward anyone who is in close proximity to you when you activate the surface signal or loss of hearing could result.
MAINTENANCE — After each use, DiveAlert PLUS should be rinsed with fresh water. This is especially important after use in chlorinated swimming pools and in other water having corrosive substances. Additionally, it is highly recommended that you blow the water out of DiveAlert PLUS before storing. This can be done by pressurizing and activating both the surface and subsurface signaling elements. We recommend that you cup your hand over the surface signaling element to muffle the loud noise.
DiveAlert PLUS Specifications
- Body and Internal Elements — Injection-moulded Thermoplastic
- Diaphragms — Stainless Steel
- Couplings — Chrome-plated Brass
One-Year Limited Warranty
Ideations design, Inc., warrants DiveAlert PLUS to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase from an authorised DiveAlert PLUS dealer. If any functional defects appear in a DiveAlert PLUS unit within the one-year warranty period, the unit will be either repaired or replaced at the option of Ideations design, Inc.
- DV1 - DiveAlert PLUS compatible with 85% of all power inflators, except if fitted with the a breathable type inflator. If your Bouyancy Compensator (BC) is equipped with a breathable type inflator select an option below.
- DV2 - DiveAlert PLUS compatible with the Aeris Air Link, Oceanic Air XS, Mares AirControl, Zeagle Octo+, Aqualung Air Mic, Seaquest Air Source, Apeks Octo+ or Beuchat Venturi alternate inflation regulator systems.
- DV3 - DiveAlert PLUS compatible with Sherwood Gemini, Tusa Duo-Air, DiveRite RiteSource, H2Odyssea Inflator plus, Atomic SS1 or Scuba Pro Air II, Zeagle Octo-Z Breathable Inflator alternate inflation regulator systems.