The Trident BCD Washout Hose lets you easily hook up your garden hose to your standard BCD inflator for easy BC bladder cleaning.
Rinsing your BCD Bladder is important to the life of your Buoyancy Control Device. Mineral deposits and salt crystals when allowed to dry can cut right through the Urethane Laminate or Bladder requiring replacement of the BCD bag or bladder. This unique design not only cleans your BCD Internal Bladder, but it also cleans your Inflator mechanism. The Trident BC Wash-Out Hose is designed to fit on any inflator with a standard male QD Nipple.
Hose allows you to wash the inside of you BC to remove build up salt crystals or foreign debris. Simply hook the hose to a standard garden hose and push inflator button. Making scuba equipment maintenance a snap, simply slowly fill the BCD Bladder half full of clean fresh water, slosh it around and invert the BCD and let the water drain from all Valves. Once you're done, inflate the BCD and let air dry, that easy! Hose is manufactured from the same durable materials as your BCD Inflator Hose.
Trident BCD Washout Hose Features
- Fits BCD inflators with standard Male QD Nipple
- Easy to use
- Durable construction: Plated Brass and Rubber
- Increases life of your Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
How to Use:
- Attach large end to garden hose
- Attach small end to Inflator QD Nipple
- Depress the Power Inflator Button
- Turn on garden hose for light flow
- Fill BCD about half full
- Give the BC a good shaking
- Invert the BC and drain the water and debris out by depressing the Oral Inflator Button or Dump Valve(s)
- Inflate and allow to dry before storing
- Wash the inside of your BC often
Note: Not compatible with most combined regulator and inflator setups. These combinations use non-standard inflator connectors.
What We Think
It can be a pain trying to force rinse water into BC inflators, and we often resort to pulling off the inflator hose or dump valve to speed things up. So this gadget turned out to be a real time saver — taking into account we're often rinsing several BCs at a time. It screws onto a garden hose and clips to the BC inflator. Put some air into the BC, fill it about 1/3 with water, swoosh it around and release some through each of the dump valves and the inflator, and repeat until it rinses clear.