Designed in collaboration with the US military and renowned for outstanding performance and reliability, the Apeks RK3 is a rugged thermoplastic rubber fin featuring an over-sized foot pocket to accommodate dry suit boots and a spring strap for easy donning and doffing. The RK3 is available in three sizes of medium, large and super.
Apeks didn't give the RK3 fin a shoe size range as this can be very misleading. The environment that an RK3 is used in will tend to dictate the size of fin that you need, for example do you dive in a warm environment wearing wetsuit boots, or are you walking across pebbled beaches and wearing a dry suit and rigid dry boots? Both forms of footwear may be a size 9, but will take up different amounts of space in the fin foot pocket. Therefore, Apeks recommend that you visit your local dive store and try the fins on with your own footwear, just to ensure that you're getting the right fit for your style of diving.
Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers. Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments. Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves. The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades. The short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great maneuverability. Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke. The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
The blade material designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures and abuse. Two large grommet holes designed to fit most carabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site. Spring straps as standard, and custom designed buckle holds spring straps in optimum position. Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary. Fins are black, orange, yellow or white in colour.
Apeks RK3 Fins Features
- Designed in Collaboration with US Military
- Renowned for Outstanding Performance and Reliability
- Rugged Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) Fin
- Over-Sized Foot Pocket to Accommodate Dry Suit Boots
- Spring Strap for Easy Donning and Doffing
- Based On One of The First Vented Rubber Fins Sold in North America
- Popular Among Military and Professional Divers
- Compact, and Ultra-Rugged for Use in Harsh Environments
- Improved Foot Pocket w/Spring Straps for Ease of Use
- Easy Donning/Doffing Even with Cold Hands or Thick Gloves
- Standard Gear Issue Fin for Military, Special Ops, Coast Guard and Public Safety Divers
- Blade Design:
Short Wide Blade Provides Maximum Forward Thrust
Maintains Great Maneuverability
Vents Reduces Resistance on Upstroke/Enhances Thrust on Downstroke
Vents Eliminate Vortexes that Occurs Along Back of Blade
- Blade Material: Holds-Up in Toughest Environments, Temperatures and Abuse
- 2-Large Grommet Holes: Fit Most Carabiners, Easy Storage of Fins while Accessing Dive Site
- Spring Straps: Custom Designed Buckle Holds Spring Straps in Optimum Position
- Straps Equipped w/Rubber Heel Extrusion for Comfort
- Simple Push Pin Design Allows Simple Replacement of Springs if Necessary
Colours: Black, Orange, Yellow, White
Medium, Large, Super
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.