The Kraken Weefine 3000 Ring Light and Strobe is great for Underwater Macro Videography and Photography. It gives you 1800 lumens (continuously) of either white, Red or Blue (UV) light with 4 different power levels (100%, 75%, 50% and 25%). It also has a 3000-lumen Strobe mode for White, Red and Blue light!
Imagine shooting video of you favourite macro critter, then switching to take sharp still shots — all with the same compact unit, not much larger than the housing!
There are two buttons for easy operation. A lighted bezel shows the remaining battery charge. The left button controls the mode and the right button the power. You can easily switch from one colour, or power to the other. Switching from continuous to strobe operation takes just a brief hold down of the right button and then you can switch colours in that mode as well. There is also a Signal (flashing) mode for safety and a Sleep mode to save battery strength. A sync cord with a Sea & Sea-style cord connector is used to connect the light to the camera flash. (Not Included).
It can be easily mounted on any 67 mm port. It with an adaptor on other diameter or type of mounts (see accessories). The Kraken 3000 Ring Light and Strobe swivels on its mount for easy positioning and can be attached or detached with the included wrench.
The Ring Light makes for a very compact, focused light source for macro photos with any camera from compact to SLR. You can evenly light very small subjects at very close distances. It does NOT operate in TTL, but it's very easy to achieve accurate exposures, as the light output and distance don't change so manual or program modes work well.
The continuous light burn time is around 45 mins at the highest power level. The strobe mode lasts for up to 12 hours. The power comes from one rechargeable 26650 Lithium battery, with included charger. Requires a sync cord with Sea & Sea style plug on one end to your housing flash.
Kraken Weefine 3000 Ring Light/Strobe Features
- Lumens: 1800 Constant, 3000 max Burst
- 90° Beam Angle
- 67 mm Thread
- Depth Rating: 100 metres (330 ft)
Kraken Weefine 3000 Ring Light/Strobe Specifications
- Lumens: 1800 Continuous / 3000 Strobe
- Beam Angle: 90 degrees in water
- Color Temperature: 5000-5500K
- Burn Time: 45 mins @ 100% Continuous, 12 hours Strobe
- Battery: 1 x 26650 Lithium rechargeable
- Charge Time: 4 hours/2A (USB cord included)
- Switch: Dual push button on/off intensity and mode adjustment with battery level indicator
- Modes/Power: Flood: 100%/75%/50%/25%, Red and Blue: 100%/50%/25%, Flashing
- Depth Rating: 100 m (330 ft)
- Dimensions: 123.8 x 159.6 x 40.6 mm (with an M67 thread for mounting)
- Mount: M67 Swivel 67 mm threaded Male
Required sync cord not included.
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer upon request and typically shipped directly from them to you the same day thus resulting in no delay in delivery. However, if they are out of stock this item becomes a special international order, typically resulting in a 4-week delay.