The Sonar Abalone Tool Pro is a super strong, stainless steel specialist abalone tool with a webbing sheath and leg straps. The angled blade is perfect for easily getting your abalone off the rocks. The sheer size of the blade provides plenty of cranking leverage to make even the biggest of abs come away effortlessly.
Great for Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. Legal in Victoria.
The rubber grip handle with guard protection allows your to firmly and safely hold the abalone knife. The Sonar Abalone Tool Pro comes with a durable webbed safety sheath with Velcro retainer and two leg straps. There is provision for belt mount on the rear of webbing sheath.
The Sonar Abalone Tool Pro is manufactured from marine grade 420 stainless steel to ensure years of life and superior rust resistance. This abalone tool features a blunt tip end which complies with the legal requirements for the taking of abalone in all states of Australia.
Why Square Edges?
Designed specifically for the Commercial Abalone Industry, the Sonar Abalone Tool Pro has square edges rather than cutting edges. Thus this is the tool the professional abalone divers use.
VICTORIAN FISHERIES REGULATIONS 2009 (SR NO 2 OF 2009) - REG 251
Abalone only to be taken using abalone tool or catch bag.
The licence holder must not use any equipment other than an abalone tool or catch bag to take abalone.
"Abalone Tool" means a blunt lever with rounded ends and does not include a screwdriver or a knife.
As well as being diver safe, the square edges mean the Sonar Abalone Tool Pro complies with Victorian regulations.
It features a non-slip handle and tie off point, plus a laser etched abalone measure/ruler. This trusty tool will provide years of rugged use.
Sonar Abalone Tool Pro Features
- Legal for use in Victoria
- Stainless Steel: 420 Marine grade stainless steel for superior rust resistance
- Blade length: 19.5 cm blade
- Blunt square edge and tip with no sharp edges to comply with legal requirements
- Tip of knife is angled up for better leverage under the abalone
- Non slip handle with guard protection
- Full steel design through handle for extra leverage strength
- Tie off point for optional lanyard
- Designed for commercial use
- Includes webbing safety sheath with Velcro retainer and two leg straps
- Provision for belt mount on rear of sheath
Overall Length: 33 cm
Blade Length: 19.5 cm
Colour: Black handle and sheath.
Note: Please visit the DEPI web site for the details of the Abalone Catch Limits and Catch Days for Victoria.