The Sonar Abalone Tool is a super strong, stainless steel specialist abalone tool with a webbing sheath scabbard. The angled blade is perfect for easily getting your abalone off the rocks. The sheer size of the blade provides plenty of cranking leverage to make even the biggest of abs come away effortlessly.
The Sonar Abalone Tool has been manufactured from marine grade 420 stainless steel to ensure years of life and superior rust resistance. This abalone tool features a blunt tip end.
The Sonar Abalone Tool features rope cutter and axe edges. In Victoria, Australia it is illegal to have cutting edges on an abalone tool. Thus the Sonar Abalone Tool DOES NOT not meet the requirements for recreational divers or Commercial Abalone Industry professional abalone divers in Victoria as it has cutting edges rather than square edges.
VICTORIAN FISHERIES REGULATIONS 2009 (SR NO 2 OF 2009) - REG 251
Abalone only to be taken using abalone tool or catch bag.
The licence holder must not use any equipment other than an abalone tool or catch bag to take abalone.
"Abalone Tool" means a blunt lever with rounded ends and does not include a screwdriver or a knife.
You've been warned, so don't use this abalone tool in jurisdictions where it is illegal to do so. To comply with the law in Victoria, buy the Sonar Pro Abalone Tool.
The Sonar Abalone Tool features a non-slip handle and tie off point. This trusty tool will provide years of rugged use.
Sonar Abalone Tool with Rope Cutter and Axe Edges Features
- Stainless Steel: 420 Marine grade stainless steel for superior rust resistance
- Blade length: 19.5 cm blade
- Blunt square tip with one rope cutter edge and one axe edge
- Tip of knife is angled up for better leverage under the abalone
- Non slip handle with guard protection
- Full steel design through handle for extra leverage strength
- Tie off point for optional lanyard
- Includes webbing safety sheath scabbard with Velcro retainer
- Provision for belt mount on rear of sheath
Overall Length: 33 cm
Blade Length: 19.5 cm
Colour: Black handle and sheath.
This product is not a toy. Please keep it in a proper safe place to avoid children from obtaining access to it.
Note: Please visit the DEPI web site for the details of the Abalone Catch Limits and Catch Days for Victoria.