- RedBoats.com.au operates on the Mornington Peninsula
Luke English runs a nice dive charter operation.
- Bass Strait Aquatic Club (BSAC)
- The Bass Strait Aquatic Club (BSAC) is branch number 2396 of the prestigious British Sub-Aqua Club.
Based in Rye on the Mornington Peninsula, we dive the wrecks, reefs, walls and piers of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, all year round. If you want the highest standards of training while enjoying diving in good company, then this is the club is for you.
- Cave Divers Association of Australia
- Keeping cave sites in Australia open.
The main aims and objectives of the CDAA are to foster the development, advancement, promotion, mapping, education, exploration, conservation, safety and research of underwater caves and related features.
- Getunder Dive Club
- The Getunder Dive Club was formerly known as the API Diving Club which was formed in 1976.
The Club is based in Melbourne, Victoria and is open to Certified SCUBA Divers.
- Latrobe Valley Scuba Club
- An extremely active and vibrant diving club.
The club is located in McDonald Street Morwell. Meetings are held at 8PM on the last Thursday of each month.
- Trimix Divers Australia
- Technical diving is the focus, but you don't have to breathe mixed gas to surf the site!
Covers cave diving, wreck diving, rebreathers and mixed gas dive sites.
- Victorian Sub-Aqua Group (VSAG)
- Established in 1954 and going stronger than ever.
VSAG is Australia's oldest non-commercial scuba diving club.
- Bikini Atoll
- Home to the world's best wreck diving experience.
Bikini Atoll, located in the central Pacific, is one of the atolls that form the Republic of the Marshall Islands. Bikini is perhaps best known for its role in a series of nuclear tests conducted by the United States in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Oceans Enterprises
- Books by the boatload.
Oceans is your local source for books on diving not available in the chain stores.
- Rebreather World
- The home of rebreathers on the net.
The world's largest online dedicated rebreather diving forum community where hundreds of divers from around the world come to discuss all issues related to Rebreathers in thousands of posted discussions!
- Greenpeace Australia Pacific
- Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is an independent organisation campaigning to ensure a just, peaceful, sustainable environment for future generations.
Magazines and Periodicals
- Advanced Diver Magazine
- Providing continuing education for all divers.
Your guide to newest diving techniques and technologies from Trimix wreck diving to cave exploration and rebreathers.
- Dive Log Australasia and Sport Diving
- Two excellent Australian diving magazines.
- DIVE Magazine
- Editorially independent UK dive magazine.
- Dive Pacific and Dive New Zealand
- The Pacific's most informative dive magazine.
This magazine is available in most Australian Newsagencies. Very good value for money and in full colour.
- DIVER Magazine
- DIVER is Britain's no.1 diving magazine.
It covers every aspect of the sport, especially in the realms of gear testing and surveys, diving holiday destinations, and advances in technology and techniques.
- Scuba Diving Magazine
- The magazine divers trust.
Objective gear reviews, cutting-edge scuba training articles, underwater photograghy and video tips and unbiased dive travel information.
- Tune in and turn on to diving!
ScubaRadio is the world's first radio show devoted to diving. It can be heard worldwide over the Internat live, archived and via Podcasting.
- Scuba diving for serious divers and scuba diving's most unbiased information source.
- Wreck Diving Magazine
- A magazine about the interests, the curiosity and the passions of wreck divers.
- X-Ray Magazine
- An international dive magazine.
It is complimentary and published in pdf-format and distributed worldwide over the internet every other month.
Manufacturers and Distributors
- Apeks Marine Equipment
- Apeks' reputation has been earned by innovative products, designed and engineered to the highest standards.
- Deep Blue Imports Australia
- Deep Blue Imports exists to service the Australian Dive Industry with the best scuba equipment available.
Deep Blue Imports is the exclusive Australian distributor for Northern Diver, OMS, Miflex Hoses, Baker Fullbody, Sonar, Dive Perfect and AP Diving.
- Faber Cylinders
- The leader in the production of seamless steel high-pressure scuba cylinders.
- McNett Corporation
- Care and maintenance products for scuba diving equipment.
- Northern Diver Australia
- Northern Diver is one of the world's elite drysuit and diving equipment manufacturers.
Made to measure and off-the-peg dry suits, undersuits and everything else needed to maximise pleasure and safety when diving.
- OMS - Ocean Management Systems
- NASA uses OMS banded BC systems in its underwater training for Astronauts.
OMS is revolutionising the future of sport and technical diving through the implementation of today's most advanced technology.
- Sonar Wetsuits
- Quality products for commercial, rescue, charter and recreational divers, plus watersports enthusiasts.
- Diving instruments and computers.
Organisations and Institutions
- British Sub Aqua Club - BSAC
- BSAC is widely recognised as a leader, standard-setter and innovator in the field of sport diving.
- DAN - Divers Alert Network Asia-Pacific
- Your buddy in dive safety.
The Scuba Doctor recommends all travelling divers join the Divers Alert Network Asia-Pacific.
- ex HMAS Canberra
- Victoria - World Class Temperate Water Diving Destination
The Victorian Artificial Reef Society (VARS) is working towards the goal that one day you will be able to come and dive the ex HMAS Canberra as an artificial reef and wreck site in Victoria, Australia.
- GUI - Global Underwater Explorers
- GUE emerged out of a shared desire to safely explore and protect the underwater world.
Working to redefine the ties binding the average underwater enthusiast to underwater explorers, conservationists and scientific researchers GUE is committed to the overall goal of promoting the interests of the underwater world and of those who seek to en
- Scuba Divers Federation of Victoria - SDFV
- Supporting and representing recreational scuba diving clubs and their members.
- South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society (SPUMS)
- Need a dive medical. List of doctors able to perform scuba diving medicals.
In Australia you must have a Recreational SCUBA Diving Medical to Australian Standard 4005.1 within 12 months of starting a course. SPUMS lists Doctors who have completed a Diving Medical Course to be able to perform these Medicals.
- TDI/SDI Australia
- Some of diving's most experienced instructors bringing technical applications of the sport to a wider audience.
Whether your interests lie in nitrox, rebreathers, mixed gas or any of the many other programs that TDI offers you can be assured that you will be participating in training that offers you the
- Transport Safety Victoria
- Victoria's maritime safety agency.
- Victorian Artificial Reef Society (VARS)
- Victoria - World Class Temperate Water Diving Destination
The Victorian Artificial Reef Society (VARS) is the Victorian dive community group behind the push to secure, prepare, sink and dive the ex HMAS Canberra as an artificial reef dive site for Victoria.
The Scuba Doctor Australia provides the above information and links to
other web sites for informational purposes only.
The responsiblity for the accuracy and validity
of the content on the pages linked to from
this web site rests only with the concerned
person/organisation which own the respective
web sites. All queries or complaints in this
regard must be directed only to the concerned
person/organisation and not to The Scuba Doctor Australia
or any of its constituents. The Scuba Doctor Australia does not
assume any legal liablity for the accuracy,
completeness or usefulness of any information
linked to from the The Scuba Doctor Australia web site.
The Scuba Doctor Australia does not vouch for genuiness and
safety of products that may be available on
the linked to web sites.