Scuba Diving Downloads
The Scuba Doctor is slowly building a collection of important scuba diving related files for download here. If you have something, or are looking for something, you think should be available here, then please contact us via an email to email@example.com.
- Decompression Dive Planner (Adobe PDF | 23.27 KB) — Worksheet used to plan technical/decompression dives.
- CNS Percentage Tracking (Adobe PDF | 15.98 KB) — Table used to find the percentage CNS oxygen toxicity dose for a dive.
- NASA Procedures for Cleaning of Systems and Equipment for Oxygen Service (Adobe PDF | 122.94 KB) — July 2001.
- PADI TechRec Hand Signals (Adobe PDF | 521.5 KB) — The important hand signals recommended by PADI for technical diving.
- Scuba O-Ring Sizes Chart (Adobe PDF | 356.37 KB) — Chart showing scuba diving O-ring sizes.
- The Safe Use of Gas Cylinders (Adobe PDF | 192.14 KB) — UK Health and Safety Executive publication on the safe use of gas cylinders. The leaflet is aimed at anyone who manufactures, owns, fills, repairs or uses gas cylinders at work. Discusses foreign legislation, but still relevant here in Australia.
Port Phillip Bay — The Heads
- Port of Melbourne Rip Map (Adobe PDF | 96.43 KB) — Oblique seabed image of The Heads produced by hydrographic surveys.
- Port of Melbourne Entrance Dive Sites (Adobe PDF | 328.34 KB)
- Port Phillip Bay Heads Dive Sites Map (Adobe PDF | 566.5 KB)
- Port Phillip Bay Entrance Map (Adobe PDF | 864.52 KB)
- Rip Bank Map (Adobe PDF | 296.7 KB)
ex HMAS Canberra Dive Site
- ex HMAS Canberra Dive Site Map (Adobe PDF | 1.48 MB)
- ex HMAS Canberra Scuttling Survey (Adobe PDF | 4.8 MB)
- ex HMAS Canberra Dive Site Visitor Guide (Adobe PDF | 301.95 KB)
- ex HMAS Canberra Dive Site Moorings Diagram (Adobe PDF | 1.39 MB)
Melbourne Dive Site Information Sheets
- Blairgowrie Jetty Diver Safety Information (Adobe PDF | 144.45 KB)
- SS Blackbird dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 584.24 KB)
- SS Casino dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 165.9 KB)
- Clarence dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 225.49 KB)
- SS Coogee dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 276.15 KB)
- Edinburgh Castle dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 327.59 KB)
- Eliza Ramsden dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 336.81 KB)
- Empress of the Sea dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 621.06 KB)
- Falls of Halladale dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 506.84 KB)
- George Roper dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 624.31 KB)
- Holyhead dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 669.91 KB)
- Hurricane dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 538.67 KB)
- J4 Submarine dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 564.76 KB)
- Joanna dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 596.47 KB)
- La Bella dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 1.34 MB)
- Loch Ard dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 705.9 KB)
- Mountain Maid dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 502.39 KB)
- Schomberg dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 604.27 KB)
- Victoria Tower dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 542.03 KB)
- SS Wauchope dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 489.14 KB)
- William Salthouse dive information sheet (Adobe PDF | 598.18 KB)
- Operation Crossroads: The Official Pictorial Record (Adobe PDF | 10.58 MB)
- USS Saratoga CV-3 Booklet of General Plans (Adobe PDF | 12.86 MB)
Dive Boat Related
- VSAG Recommended Club Dive Boat Equipment (Adobe PDF | 170.77 KB)
- CDA Boating Guidelines (Adobe PDF | 527.58 KB) — The Combined Diving Associations Guidelines for the Safe Operation of Member Club Dive Boats.
- Safety Matters 2013 (Adobe PDF | 1.36 MB) — A message to all recreational boat owners from Transport Safety Victoria.
- Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook (Adobe PDF | 4.72 MB) — A downloadable version of Marine Safety Victoria's Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook, December 2012.
- Victorian Marine Safety Act 2010 (Adobe PDF | 979.83 KB)
- Victorian Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Adobe PDF | 1.06 MB)
General Diving Information
- SDFV Codes of Practice 2005 (Adobe PDF | 62.35 KB) — Scuba Divers Federation of Victoria general operating guidelines for recreational scuba diving and related activities.
- U.S. Navy Diving Manual (Adobe PDF | 26.8 MB) — The U.S. Navy Diving Manual is a very complete reference on diving based on the extensive research and experience of the U.S. Navy. The manual contains major sections covering rebreathers, no-decompression diving, open-circuit SCUBA, surface-supplied diving, the diving environment, Navy dive procedures, physics, physiology and recompression chamber operation. The U.S. Navy Diving Manual underwent some significant updates with the sixth revision issued in April 2008. One major change is their decompression procedures and the introduction of a revised decompression algorithm and table. Although much of the information is interesting, it may have limited application to your recreational diving. Still, recreational diving has some of its roots in the almost 1000 pages of this document. Best of all, it's available at no charge because it was developed with US taxpayer funds. The file is large, 26 MB, so best to right click on the link and "Save..." it to your hard drive rather than open it in the browser.