The Light and Motion Sidekick Duo Spot/Flood Light is a game-changing light that is lighter than the GoPro and designed to leverage existing GoPro mounts with a simple adaptor. The adjustable spot and flood modes give you the flexibility to control the amount of light to create the perfect POV footage.
Scubalab Video/Photo Lights Best Buy 2016
The Sidekick Duo seems too good to be true: It has 600 lumens, spot and flood beams, and it's smaller than a GoPro. But good things can come in small packages, and the 90-degree flood and 23-degree spot beams are perfect for POV camera work. It took a few tries to master the two-button operation (one for on/off and one to toggle between spot and flood) but it's easy once you get the hang of it. The Sidekick comes with an adaptor that bolts to the bottom mount of any model GoPro Hero, but even better is the available Dive Arm Kit with a short flex-arm mount. Nicely made with an aluminium housing rated for 60 meters and a factory-sealed Li-ion battery, the little Sidekick is powerful, handy and affordable. It's our Best Buy in this category.
A 600-lumen flood, and a 400-lumen spot, output certified to the FL-1 standard, means plenty of light to enhance your underwater and land-based adventures. A powerful LED array using the best CREE LEDs and enhanced firmware, and coloured LED indicator to clearly display battery levels during use and when charging, so you can plan ahead. Sidekick's factory-sealed design offers reliable flood-free performance to 60 metres (200 ft) depth.
Adding artificial light to underwater photography and videos is the key to better images quality. Bring out the true colours of the marine environment when filming underwater. When filming on land late in the day, early in the morning, or in shaded environments the Sidekick Duo will help make your footage pop with true colours.
The Sidekick Duo Spot/Flood Light provides a wide 90° degree Flood beam angle and 23° degree Spot beam angle in Air, and a 60° degree Flood beam angle, and a 15° degree Spot bean angle underwater.
The Sidekick has 3-Mode settings of: High-Mode providing 600 lumens of brightness with a burn time of 60 minutes; Med-Mode providing 300 lumens of brightness with a burn time of 120 minutes; and a Low-Mode that provides 150 lumens of brightness with a burn time of 240 minutes.
The Sidekick Duo requires a 4.5 hour charge time to full power, is equipped with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, weighs 123 g (4.34 oz) and measures 81.3 mm x 30.5 mm x 38 mm (3.2" x 1.2" x 1.5").
In order to connect the Sidekick to your GoPro camera housing you will need to get the Light & Motion Dive Arm Kit, which is perfectly suited for underwater use, or the Sidekick GoPro Mount Adaptor.
The Light & Motion Sidekick Duo Spot/Flood Light is covered by a 12 month limited warranty.
Light & Motion Sidekick Duo Spot/Flood Light Features
- Adding Artificial Light to Underwater Photography is Key to Better Images
- Improve Underwater and Land Filming, Footage Pop with True Colours
- Game Changing Light, Lighter than GoPro Camera
- Designed to Leverage Existing GoPro Mounts with Simple Adaptor
Light & Motion Dive Arm Kit
Light & Motion Sidekick GoPro Mount Adaptor
- Control Amount of Light to Create the Perfect POV Footage
- 600 Lumen Flood and 400 Lumen Spot Output
- Certified to FL-1 Standard
- Best CREE LEDs and Enhanced Firmware
- Coloured LED Indicator: Clearly Displays Battery Levels: Filming and Charging
- Factory-Sealed Design: Reliable Flood-Free Performance to 200' (60 meters) Depth
- Beam Angle: Wide 90° Degree
- 3-Light Modes/Burn Times:
High-Mode: 600 Lumens, 60-Muinutes
Med-Mode: 300 Lumens, 120 Minutes
Low-Mode: 150 Lumens, 240 Minutes
- Charge Time Full Power: 4.5 hours
- Power: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Depth rating: 60 metres (200 ft)
- Dimensions: 81.3 mm x 30.5 mm x 38 mm (3.2" x 1.2" x 1.5")
- Weight: 123 g (4.34 oz)
The Sidekick comes complete with a Sidekick Replacement Side Mount, which can be also purchased separately.