The Apeks RK3 HD fin is the latest in the RK3 range. It's made from a higher density material than the standard RK3, which makes the fin stiffer and heavier and is therefore the ideal fin for dry suit diving. The new, heavier compound makes it negatively buoyant and produces a stiffer blade, providing additional power in heavy currents or surf.
Designed in collaboration with the US military and renowned for outstanding performance and reliability, the Apeks RK3 HD is a rugged thermoplastic rubber fin featuring an over-sized foot pocket to accommodate dry suit boots and a spring strap for easy donning and doffing. The RK3 is available in three sizes of medium, large and super.
The environment that an RK3 is used in will tend to dictate the size of fin that you need, for example do you dive in a warm environment wearing wetsuit boots, or are you walking across pebbled beaches and wearing a dry suit and rigid dry boots? Both forms of footwear may be a size 9, but will take up different amounts of space in the fin foot pocket.
Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers. Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments. Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves. The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades. Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great maneuverability. Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke. The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
The blade material is designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures and abuse. Two large grommet holes designed to fit most carabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site. Spring straps as standard, and the custom designed buckle holds spring straps in optimum position. Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary. Fins are grey in colour.
Apeks RK3 HD Fins Features
- Designed in Collaboration with US Military
- Higher Density Material than Standard RK3
- Stiffer and Heavier: Ideal Fin for Dry Suit Diving
- Heavier Compound Makes it Negatively Buoyant
- Produces Stiffer Blade, Providing Additional Power in Heavy Currents or Surf
- Renowned for Outstanding Performance and Reliability
- Rugged Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) Fin
- Over-Sized Foot Pocket to Accommodate Dry Suit Boots
- Spring Strap for Easy Donning and Doffing
- Based On One of The First Vented Rubber Fins Sold in North America
- Popular Among Military and Professional Divers
- Compact, and Ultra-Rugged for Use in Harsh Environments
- Improved Foot Pocket with Spring Straps for Ease of Use
- Easy Donning/Doffing Even with Cold Hands or Thick Gloves
- Standard Gear Issue Fin for Military, Special Ops, Coast Guard and Public Safety Divers
- Blade Design:
Maintains Great Maneuverability
Short Wide Blade Provides Maximum Forward Thrust
Vents Reduces Resistance on Upstroke/Enhances Thrust on Downstroke
Vents Eliminate Vortexes that Occurs Along Back of Blade
- Blade Material: Holds-Up in Toughest Environments, Temperatures and Abuse
- 2-Large Grommet Holes: Fit Most Carabiners, Easy Storage of Fins while Accessing Dive Site
- Spring Straps: Custom Designed Buckle Holds Spring Straps in Optimum Position
- Straps Equipped with Rubber Heel Extrusion for Comfort
- Simple Push Pin Design Allows Simple Replacement of Springs if Necessary
- Colour: Grey
Apeks RK3 HD Fins Specifications:
Weight (XP Pair): 2.88 kg
Fin Length: 570 mm
Apeks RK3 HD Fins Sizing
Three sizes available:
Medium (7-9), Large (9-11) and eXtra Large (12+)
Please Note: The Apeks RK3 HD version look exactly the same as the regular RK3 version. The only defining feature is a small number 70 inside the foot pocket.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.