The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. Innovative first stage design and technology protects the regulator from freezing which makes it a great regulator set for the temperate waters of southern Australia.
Useful in situations where the large gas volumes of a twin cylinder configuration are not required, it's also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military-grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way. The Apeks MTX-RC is an updated version of the original MTX-R regulator which was developed to meet the incredible tough requirements of the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. Apeks modified the MTX-RC to include the convenience, comfort and practicality of diver adjustable inhalation effort and venturi effect.
Featuring freeze-resistant technology the Apeks MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
The Apeks MTX-RC is a high performance fully balanced regulator system much like the majority of the Apeks range. It was developed for extreme cold conditions and with technical / advanced diving in mind.
Apeks TEK Gauge
The Apeks TEK gauge is a high quality chrome plated Submersible Pressure Gauge (SPG) with a black face to help reduce glare and to preserve night vision in low light environments. Comes with a 65 cm long HP hose.
Apeks Bungee Connector System
This package includes an Apeks Bungee Connector System kit which has been designed to be a neat storage solution for your back up regulator and can be configured to your personal preference. The system also has a lockout feature for retaining a regulator in the mouth of an unconscious diver during a rescue situation. The kit comprises:
- Bungee Cord
- Bungee Connector
- Instruction Sheet
- Mouthpiece Clip
Apeks Regulator Bag
A tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it's also your new work bag!
The package includes 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages, 1 x MTX-RC first stage, 1 x 2.1 metre long LP regulator hose, 1 x 49 cm long LP regulator hose (both double swivel hoses), a 65 cm long HP hose, a TEK SPG, a Bungee Connector System, 2 x Bolt Snaps and a Regulator Bag.
Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set Features
- The regulator package includes:
- 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages
- 1 x MTX-RC first stage
- 1 x 2.1 metre long LP regulator hose with double swivel
- 1 x 49 cm long LP regulator hose with double swivel
- 1 x 65 cm long HP hose
- 1 x TEK SPG with 65 cm long HP hose
- 2 x Bolt Snaps
- 1 x Bungee Connector System Necklace Reg Holder
- 1 x Regulator Bag
- MTX-RC First Stage
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design — as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel only requires one hand to release.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible — Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union)
- MTX-RC Second Stages
- Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- TEK Gauge
- High quality chrome plated SPG
- Black faced SPG with luminescent numbers and hand that glows in the dark when charged with a light.
- The black face helps reduce glare and preserve night vision in low light environments i.e. inside a cave or wreck.
- 0 to 360 bar (0 to 5000 psi) scale
- Max working pressure 300 Bar (4350 psi)
- Tempered glass face
- 52 mm (2 inch) diameter face
- 65 cm long HP hose
- Bungee Connector System
- Innovative solution for retaining your back up regulator in the correct position.
- Can be used to retain a regulator in the mouth of an unconscious diver during a rescue situation.
- The system can be used on stage regulators during decompression.
- Low cost solution that is simple and easy to fit by the user.
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- No single use plastic in the packaging
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Order In Item:
This is not a regularly stocked item in our Rye dive shop. It will be ordered for you from the manufacturer, typically resulting in a 3-4 day delay.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.