Make sure you're seen the first time, every time, with the Apeks Surface Marker Buoy (SMB). Easily the most feature-rich delayed SMB on the market today, a unique fully closed system oral inflator allows the buoy to be fully inflated on a single breath, meaning fast deployment in any situation. Both sides of the SMB have high quality SOLAS reflective tape panels to ensure maximum visibility.
Most SMBs today have an inflation valve similar to your BCD but most divers orally inflate their SMB to maintain buoyancy. The valves on most SMBs can sometimes be tricky to orally inflate so Apeks fitted a valve specifically for orally inflating.
Not only is the Apeks SMB the perfect surface marker buoy, it can also be used as an emergency float. Brass eyelets at the ends of the float allow the diver to fold the unit and secure it into a floating loop using bolt snaps.
Apeks Delayed SMB Features
- Unique oral inflation valve allows for easy one handed operation in cold water.
- 2-inch stainless steel D-ring allows for easy attachment to your reel or spool.
- 2 x brass eyelets at the top of the SMB allow you to attach a torch, strobe or slate, they also enable the SMB to be folded and used as an emergency float.
- SOLAS reflective tape on both sides ensure maximum visibility in rough seas and darkness.
- Simple bungee closure system with enlarged rubber pull tab allow for easy stowage and deployment even when wearing gloves.
- 1.4 metre single breath oral inflate SMB.
- Fully taped and heat sealed edges ensure the SMB is extremely durable.
- Reflective logo print.
- Over pressure relief valve with pull toggle ensures ease of use even when wearing gloves.
- Colour: orange.
- Supplied in plastic free packaging.
Note: This item cannot be delivered outside of Australia.