The Apollo SV2 Mask with Red Colour Correction Lenses puts the red back into your view for maximum clarity. The 2-window design offers exceptional visibility and low-volume comfort while incorporating a soft fit black skirt that fits most medium to large adult faces.
This unique product is designed to filter out blue wavelengths in the water, allowing your eyes to see the brilliant reds, oranges, yellows and green colours that are lost as a diver descends. For example, at a depth of 10 metres (30 feet), red is no longer visible to the naked eye. At 23 metres (75 feet) yellow looks greenish blue because the yellow light has been absorbed by the water. The Red Colour Correction lenses of this Apollo SV-2 Mask adjusts the colour bands to allow divers to actually see and enjoy the colours there in front of them.
Apollo SV2 Mask with Red Colour Correction Features
- Red Underwater colour correction lenses for bringing the red back into your view for maximum clarity
- Low volume for easy clearing and wider field of vision
- Revolutionary push-button buckles allow easy, quick strap adjustment
- Unique flexible buckle attachment swivels with facial movements and absorbs shock, preventing buckle breakage when mask is bumped
- Black, double-flanged silicon skirt
- Super lightweight, highest quality tempered glass lenses
- Supplied in clear plastic box
- Fits medium to large adult faces
Colour: Black silicone skirt with Black frame
Why Black Skirt Diving and Snorkelling Masks Are Better
Clear silicone skirts on diving and snorkelling masks are popular because they minimise the claustrophobic feeling some people get when they wear a mask. Nevertheless, clear skirts actually interfere with vision. Extraneous light entering through the clear skirt makes it more difficult for the eye to focus and causes reflections that obscure vision. Demonstrate this by looking out a window from a lighted room at twilight. You will see better by cupping your hands around your eyes as you press your face to the window. For these reasons, knowledgeable divers and snorkellers seeking the best possible vision prefer masks with black silicone skirts.